• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Mixing Hatsune Miku vocals?

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Here are my default settings use. I play around with it depending on how i need her voice to sound for cover Im making. The singing skill is just there because i like how glitchy it is and i like to see what it does to the song before i fix it XD it makes a good guid.
View attachment 4048
here's a sound bite of it on and off. the first sentence Miku original and the next on is Miku english. I've just noticed that it doesn't really affect the jp Voicebank as much as the english one

And if you don't like the way this sounds at least i gave you a guid on what not to do XD
boosting so much low end on vocals isn't what i'd recommend because it might make it difficult to sit in the mix, vocals tend to be more on the middle of a mix, and on the highs too, having it with boosted low ends could work on some minimalist styles but some more bass heavy styles might become kind of muddy

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
First I'd go with the idea that "Before doing any equalization, EQ or anything, just play wiht the phonemes until she sounds understandable raw" that's one of the core concepts I try to always apply because I feel like this is important for it to actually sound good without relying too much on effects.
As an instance for my song "Pour le futur" where I used Miku English

I used this effect chain I often use
1607814397065.png
(I've split it into two different EQs but basically it can totally be done in one)
I tend to on the contrary cut the lower end and also add some delay to make the voice more "wet"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)