Morry's Illusion's Vocaloid/Utau/etc Covers!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
oops its late at night and i just spent a few hours doing this for some reason... this is rough and more of a test of the process more than anything

description:

music: Lifeboat from Heathers the musical
File and mix by me

pitch bends converted from the original song's vocals, auto correct slightly in melodyne 5. pitch data acquired with Praat and imported to SVP thanks to this user's videos: www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKTXhXP0thJ_zjAXZsyx5A

this was a test to see how well a AI-ripped vocal would convert for pitch bends using this method. definitely messy and i had to edit a lot, even so its still rough around the edges. nonetheless it was cool to try the process! i added tension and tone shift, but otherwise its just the pitch bends doing the work along with Solaria's voice and the fact the data copied the timing of the voice. i may try it again as i think i will do better next time after knowing the process!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cluemily and IO+

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
ahhh hello i guess this is my first real attempted cover with CHis-a now after some fiddling around. tuning is almost nonexistent still bc i am not familiar with cevio, and honestly not a huge fan of the program's UI still (tho i love how colorful it is).

but i like this song, i hope to cover it with my utau and make a video! but thought chis-a would sound nice with it

i really like what voices like Chis-a offer in terms of tone, inflections, etc! but idk how much i would even consider cevio for actual use due to the engine noise and some other quality issues.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal

file/tune/mix etc by me
original song by Sir Chloe
god. ok. this isnt perfect but i am doing messing with it... i may touch it up if i decide to make a YT video.
this cover uses direct pitch data acquired from Pratt. lots of fixes tho as the original's distortion made some parts not work. but it was a more cleaned up test of using Pratt for pitch data and i am honestly very happy with it.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal

UST by Pifuyuu
original song by yuyoyuppe

well its been a hot minute since i used flower. i feel quite rusty... synth v pampered me too much with its auto tuning and such :L but i really wanted to cover this with flower! thers something i dont like but im not gonna sit here perfecting it. v5's growls are nice tho

i also broke away from my usual mixing presets to try something different so... hopefully it sounds alright!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
this is NOT a new cover as it was the last one i shared here, but i felt it was important to state that i have a seperate YT channel for covers. posting to soundcloud gets more annoying as i run out of space and people never want to check my whyp.it page so... yeah. i will be resharing more recent covers there that i often delete from soundcloud, and any other future covers. but dont expect any special videos, its all bare bones for the sake of putting them somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)