• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Most Attractive/Best Dance Moves

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
This might be helpful for anyone who works with MMD. It's an article that breaks down some study findings of what the most attractive dance moves are, which apparently varies for men and women. Rather than going into individual maneuvers, it's more focused on principles, focusing on what kinds of motions are recognized as better dancing. So, as a summary, the article finds the following motions are recognized as better for each gender:

Men
  • "Larger and more variable motions of the neck and torso"
  • "Take up a lot of space" (I guess that means bigger motions/moving around more.)
  • More motion with the right knee
Women
  • "Bigger, more varied motions of the thighs, hips, and arms"

The article also provides simulation videos to illustrate bad/good dancing.

Seems like kind of an odd thing to think about, but I think I've noticed some of the Cryptonloids making motions that correspond to a few of these principles during concerts, so it might be worth giving some thought when constructing your next dance routine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Now that you mention it, I have seen some of Crypton's motions correspond to this. The male one I especially notice with Len and Kaito (I think the choreo. for Snowman follows this). Also, I think the choreography for the song "Miku" follows the female one.

Thanks for sharing! :D

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Also, I think the choreography for the song "Miku" follows the female one.
Literally as soon as I read the entry for women, my first thought was "I'm thinking Mi-ku! Mi-ku! Oo-ee-oo!" Glad I'm not the only one! Nostalogic also comes to mind, which I've always adored. Lots of hip shaking and smooth, wide hand and arm motions and extreme closeups of Meiko's chest, just in case the aforementioned doesn't get your attention.

Snowman DOES fall into the categories provided for men, for sure. Sweeping arm gestures, kicks (always with the right leg, if memory serves), lots of neck movement during the verses. It's always been one of my favorite Vocaloid choreographies; I never guessed there was a psychology behind it!

Come to think of it, Doctor Funk Beat follows the list pretty closely too! Kaito's subtle head movements is one of my favorite parts about that dance. It's both attractive and shockingly human.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)