• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

My Birthday Present to Myself

Dan Gero

New Fan
Jan 4, 2023
I'm a day late on this, but oh well. Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to do something fun. I made myself a cover of the Japanese Happy Birthday song, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out.

The song uses Hatsune Miku V4 Original. If you hear that the video has bad quality, don't worry; it's not on your end. I actually did that intentionally as a stylistic choice. You see, birthdays seem to be celebrated most by children, so I wanted to make the song sound like a children's toy. I feel like I pulled off the style pretty well.

I tried to make it sound low-fi without going extremely overboard with the effect. You all can be the judge of how well I pulled that off. I also provided the project files and VSQX so that anyone who has Reaper and the necessary plugins can see how I did things. Consider it my birthday gift to the audience if you like. :-)

Before I post the YouTube and Nico Nico videos, I have a request. This is the first time I've ever used Nico Nico Douga. In the description of the video, I made a mistake and forgot to include one of the plugins I was using. I also forgot to proofread the description because my family was taking me out for my birthday dinner, so I tried to get things done quickly. I want to go back and edit it, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that. The website is still a little confusing to me because it's so different from YouTube. If anyone can help me with the correction, I'd be super appreciative. Also, I can't see the video, so I'm not sure if anything is off about it. If anyone spots any flaws, please let me know. There's not much I can do about it now that it's uploaded, but hopefully in future videos I can correct how I did it.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this cover! :-))
YouTube: Nico Nico:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)