New activation?

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
Hi

suddenly my Synth V Pro asked for activation code - I hadn't changed anything recently on my computer so I don't know why

anyway, I was foolish enough (?) to put in my activation code - and it works now.

But have I used up another activation code ? On most other software (like Native instruments or similar) you can go in and deactivate a used instance on their server but I don't think you can here?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Just commenting to boost back into recent posts on the sidebar. I don't honestly know what would've caused it to deactivate. Unfortunately, it does sound like it probably ate a code use up. It's worth testing it out if you have other computers or a couple of trustworthy friends who are willing to test it for you. I admittedly have less experience moving SV around than Vocaloid products, but I think deactivation is all done in-editor for it. It would be really nice if we could register our serial codes and authorize certain computers and such, like you can with some softwares.

Reactions: IO+

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
I should have one more left then, if there are 3 activations in all. I just need to be extra careful to deactivate if I need to change computers.
If it happens again I'll take a screengrab, go out of the program and write dreamtronics about the error, if that helps (?)

Reactions: Leon

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Totally up to you, but I think it's worth writing to Dreamtronics about it now, just because the idea of losing a buffer activation and getting me that much closer to having none left would make me feel uncomfortable. It's worth it to them to know, as well--if there was some kind of issue, they're better off knowing about it. If you tell them what happened, I assume they could just update something to give you an activation back. At least, that's how it could be with Vocaloid; I forget ATM how activations with Synth V work.

Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)