• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Opinions on V Flower’s design

Who else likes V Flower’s V3 design more than V4?

• Total voters

E21

New Fan
Jan 26, 2023
This might’ve happened years ago but I somehow didn’t know much about V Flower very much until a year ago so this is a poll on V Flower’s design
IMG_0314.jpeg
V3 V4

Personally, I think her V3 design was much better. It was very feminine and very interesting. When I first saw her V4 design I unfortunately couldn’t tell if she was a boy or a girl, which is a little bit weird.

Reactions: Leon

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
I like both designs but it's V4 that popularized her so I had to go with that one. But I like her Talk design most

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I like both! The V4 is iconic, but something about V3 is more fun to me. I... do not personally care for the Talk design. And the Ci Flower design is fine, if a little muted (imo).

Edit: Also I don't have a problem with V4 for being androgynous. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care if I can't tell right away if a character design or someone irl is a boy or a girl (especially because they could be neither lol). I just like the fun hair and skirt and stuff from V3 👍

E21

New Fan
Jan 26, 2023
"but it's V4 that popularized her so I had to go with that one.”
That’s fair. 👍🏻

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
A barrier to my attachment with fictional characters had always been the way gender was depicted in art for most of my life. "Boy characters" were allowed to have neutral colors and simple designs. If the characters were animals, for instance, the boy animals would just be drawn as normal animals. But for "girl characters", there had to be some kind of characteristic that "made the character a girl". The girl animal characters would get eyelashes, or a bow, or they'd be a strong color. They were "othered" from boys in that way.

I couldn't understand why this would be. Despite being bestowed the label of girl, I didn't, internally, feel any different from the boys or the girls in my class. I was raised in an environment, or perhaps I just didn't see, a context where those categories mattered. It bothered me for a really long time. It wasn't "feminine characters" that bothered me-- it was just the fact that girls weren't allowed to just exist in media, they had to be put in a box in a really specific way. Hopefully that makes sense. (nowadays that the selection is so wide, I love all of the super feminine characters, super masculine characters, etc. but when I was younger it was an issue for me!)

As I got older, suddenly there were more and more girl characters that were allowed to just "be". v4 flower was one of these characters. I was barely 12 when she came out (yeahhh... that's weird in retrospect) and she immediately became one of my favorite characters ever.

Usually products in this industry are most successful when they play into tropes of female character design, but v4 flower has been an insanely strong contender in the vocaloid world, and is super, super unique. Her voice just speaks for itself and the character design is awesome. That's why v4 will always be the best for me.

I absolutely love v3 flower's more gothic affiliation and sincerely unique design. It is a truly awesome design. I also think flower talk's design is a cute spin-off of v4. I also genuinely like Ci flower's design, I am very weak for astronomical/mechanical design elements. I love the winter designs of both v3 and v4, too.

I think it's awesome that flower's range of designs are all so strong.

Last edited:

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Tbh I’m not a fan of either v3 or v4. Ci flower design is nice, but my favourite one is probably flower’s talk design. To me it feels the most flower for some reason
C5763463-676A-4B7C-A0BE-ECA30BEEE356.jpeg

Reactions: E21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)