• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro unusable on Laptop? (Scaling Problem)

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
I've been having a problem with text scaling on piapro where it ... just doesn't work.
The whole program is out of scale including images, text being blank, and the interface UI running into itself.
All text is blank white, and i'm pretty much guessing when I insert things in.

Studio One itself doesn't seem to have this problem, nor do any other editors i've ever used in the past.

1704741095039.png

Previous threads I found talk about the scaling of the computer being the culprit- however,

My laptop does not run under 200% scale. I changed it to 100% (as suggested) but that is /not/ the default and as a result- made every single part of the laptop fold in on itself (ie. performance became of a snail, google and all other apps unusable)

Is it just doomed to be broken UI wise?
My laptop is brand-new and a 2022 model... so not built for the technology probably.

Thanks for any suggestions/help in advance,

Cheers.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

Mr_Meester

In a commited relationship with Miku
Dec 31, 2022
US of A
I'd try restarting your computer, and if that doesn't work, I'd reccomend re-installing Piapro

Reactions: nene

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
if you have an external monitor (or even a TV) and your laptop has a HDMI-out, try connecting it: because monitors and TVs have a larger display area compared to a laptop, the problem should be fixed (in part).
another thing you could try is changing the language to japanese and then english again ^^
third option: try changing both scaling and resolution (for example, if your laptop has a native 2K display, try to lower the resolution to 1080p and scaling like 100-125%)

Last edited:
Reactions: nene

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
third option: try changing both scaling and resolution (for example, if your laptop has a native 2K display, try to lower the resolution to 1080p and scaling like 100-125%)
I second this option. There might be some reason for it that I'm just not aware of, but it seems to me like a computer should theoretically want to run at 100% scaling, with anything higher/lower being to accommodate a user's preference.

If resolution indicates the number of pixels in each direction on the screen, then reducing the resolution by half and changing the scaling to 100% should give you the same visual experience you're having now, except that Piapro will hopefully work better.

I wonder if your computer properly knows what the resolution of your screen is.... If it were wrong about that somehow, it might explain how its defaults got set the way they were. But it's probably not necessary to know that to address the Piapro issue.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
Ohhh that makes sense!!! I have a like oled laptop yeah... or whatever the new ones are with the TV screens & its touch screen... sometimes I feel like they can be problematic....

I'll test it out and write an update, ive just been busy with school 💔😭

Thank you guys so so much too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)