• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Plane Theory Mixing woes

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm that's difficult.. hehe
I liked the 1, but after listening to all of them, I like the n.2 the most: is similar to 1, but it even has more punch and live feeling with the voice and instruments.
the 3 is good too, but has a lower mixing volume of about -20% (i don't know if original file is same or soundcloud made it quieter) and while I like the warm bass feeling, it is less "open" than n.1 and n.2. think of it that n.1 and n.2 felt to me like playing in a live concert, while n.3 playing in a club house ^^

Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
I currently have two mixed versions of Plane theory and I like them both a bit but I'm having issues with choosing and if either is like good lol Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!

1.)
2.)
Liked second one the most. The instrumentals are popping more and the voice is less in conflict with the instrumentals than the first one although trying a Reverb to make things fit better would be good.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I listened to all three: I have to say, it seems to me like Feng Yi's voice is being drowned by the instrumental, which is to be expected considering she has a soft voice type. I'd personally recommend to use an EQ to gently boost the frequencies from 3kHz onwards (2-3 dB boost with high shelf should be fine), as well as using a bit more compression (I'd use 3:1~4:1 ratio as well as a lower threshold, but definitely experiment with it). The second example is definitely clearer but her voice felt a bit too sharp at certain moments to me. Hope this helps :agree: (however, the tuning is stunning jhxgc)

Reactions: WyndReed

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Thank you all I think I will re render her with a more powerful voice setup and try again :) listening back I prefer the second mix overall but I prefer the vocal edits I added in the 3rd one some pitch and a lot of loudness to keep parts consistent in volume so imma try to combine them in a way

Last edited:
Reactions: Cerāgi <º•

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)