• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Purchasing from Taobao?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Has anyone tried buying stuff from Taobao? I made an account, and I'm kicking around getting one of Quadimension's Medium⁵ girls. Do I need an agent/forwarding service or Chinese address for download-only items? I figured a valid email and payment method would be enough, but I know China's got some wonky export laws, so I really don't know. I Googled a lot of stuff about ordering from it but there was no advice for downloads.

...maybe another good question to ask is, will the software work on the free English-language SynthV?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Just a side note, as far as I know SynthV will be getting big update so maybe it's better idea to wait for a little while and purchase that version.

• Wow
Reactions: peaches2217

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
When I buy Taobao, I use Superbuy as my forwarding service. It will do all the heavy work for you, all you gotta do is pay with Paypal really. They even send you a picture of the product when it gets to the warehouse to make surevit’s good. It’s probably the best forwarding service for Taobao imo

Sep 21, 2019
The one thing I want to mention about TaoBao is that, while there is legitimate stuff, there's also some bootleg stuff. Don't know if this pertains to software, but proceed with caution anyways. ^^

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Just curious, for the case for Medium⁵, how about you could get all five of them instead of just one?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I would if i could. They're ~$80 a piece (and Xingchen is $90). I'm a college student who already has an impulse shopping habit and no one will hire me because of my recent and upcoming surgeries, so I can't risk spending $410 in one place without a reliable source of income.

My GOD is it tempting, though! I'd love all of them! :lapis_ani_lili:

Reactions: Wario94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)