• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Quadimension releases Medium⁵ Cang Qiong's first demo, "徒劳的爱之美少女"

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Here it is, uploaded just past midnight on 2019/02/03 Beijing time. She has a deeper voice and sounds very unlike most Chinese vocals. The song is a cover of "徒劳的爱之美少女 (Futile Love of the Beautiful Maiden)", one of the tracks on Xingchen's first album.

While they didn't confirm it anywhere, it's pretty safe to say she's an UTAU. She lacks any of the qualities of VOCALOID, CeVIO, Sharpkey or Synthesizer V.

What do you think of her voice? Are you excited to hear more?

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Wow I'm in love with her voice.. :rion_lili:

If she's an UTAU, then I have the theory that all of the girls are going to be on a different engine. I mean, we still don't know exactly what engine Haiyi uses so.. maybe? Would be interesting.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
If she's an UTAU, then I have the theory that all of the girls are going to be on a different engine. I mean, we still don't know exactly what engine Haiyi uses so.. maybe? Would be interesting.
Haiyi is also an UTAU. There's no feasible way for her to be based on any other synthesizer than UTAU given she has 4 DBs and the timeframe for her release. I was actually thinking the same and expecting Cang Qiong to be a SynthV vocal due to Beijing Photek's partnership with Animen and by association Dreamtonics.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Haiyi is also an UTAU. There's no feasible way for her to be based on any other synthesizer than UTAU given she has 4 DBs and the timeframe for her release. I was actually thinking the same and expecting Cang Qiong to be a SynthV vocal due to Beijing Photek's partnership with Animen and by association Dreamtonics.
Huh, really? Hmm.. Guess they won't make another Vocaloid again then. I mean, Utau is free and if they still make enough money with Stardust and all the merch then why pay for a license. I wonder if they'd ever sell these other voicebanks though.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Huh, really? Hmm.. Guess they won't make another Vocaloid again then. I mean, Utau is free and if they still make enough money with Stardust and all the merch then why pay for a license. I wonder if they'd ever sell these other voicebanks though.
I dunno if they'll sell them as UTAU due to the fact you can literally just repackage the VB and redistribute it without an activation system. VOCALOID is really expensive and their main objective is to sell music anyway, so they can just do this and have high quality UTAU DBs for the other Medium⁵ members rather than spend a ton of money on developing for VOCALOID. This also means they can make as many appends as they want (see Haiyi's 4 different VBs which all work together really well). I still hope they'll release them though, I'd love to use Haiyi and Cangqiong!

Reactions: Mika

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
WOW

Chinese vocals have been impressing me so much lately I'm tempted to try learning some Mandarin just to be able to get into them more (I still don't think I have the brain power for it but hECK)

Reactions: Mika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)