• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hm...I don't really know...anything about Pocaloid but I've seen things here and there so I can try to help.

1. Pocaloid editors are a thing, I think? The only one I know for certain about is that Piapro Studio has no been cracked yet, at least I remember seeing thatbbaxk on VocaloidOtaku.

2. As far as I know, they don't. Have serials. I think they're reprogrammed to take out the need for serials or something.

3. I believe sometimes it says Pocaloid instead of Vocaloid, and at least from v2, they change the colors? Don't know if that applies to V4 too.

You can read the wiki article on Pocaloid to learn more about what to look for. That's whrre a lot of my knowledge is from.

Reactions: PandaTigerHybrid

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Yes, cracked Editors are out there. I'm not sure which all that includes. There is a cracked version of Piapro Studio.

I'd also assume they don't have serials, but I'm not sure you need a code for activating the regular Editor, so if a prompt doesn't come up for a code, it may be perfectly normal.

Another way to check if your version of Vocaloid is cracked is to see if it has a language for the interface that the regular VOCALOID4 Editor does not have.
If you have any VOCALOID3 or VOCALOID4 voicebanks or VOCALOID2 voicebanks that have been imported, check to see if they are usable in your V4 Editor. VOCALOID voicebanks may be incompatible with Pocaloid Editors and vice versa.

Megami Chan

鏡音リン・鏡音レン・CUL・巡音ルカ・MEIKO
Jul 5, 2018
www.nicovideo.jp
I was talking to my friend, and he brought up a good question and I said I didn't know. So I thought I should ask here. What do you think the likelihood of the editor I got from eBay to be Pocaloid? Thanks.
Does the person you got it from seem legit?
Did they include actual pictures of the product?

If it was pirated, it'd be burned on a CD and most likely not come with packaging.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The packaging of the Vocaloid4 editor also comes in a clear plastic case, which if I recall hearing once is a higher end case. So if it comes in a flimsy black or white case I'd say it's fake. It's a minor detail, but counterfeited copies rarely have quality packaging.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
The V4 editor has been around for a few years now and since V5 is out now V4 is out of date, which means that a lot of seller wills try to sell it for around $70+ just to get it off the shelves. So the V4 editor being cheaper is normal

The v4 editor DOES have a serial code, but cracked versions of the software do not have serials (bc essentially you're paying for the serial and not just the bank). Also legit banks do not work in cracked software from what I've heard, so if you have any V2/3 banks they would not work on pocaloid.

I bought the DL ver of the V4 editor so I'm not sure what the official box interior is like, but I bought V3's box and that plus every Yamaha bank I've bought usually comes with a shit ton of heavy pamphlets and manuals and stuff, so I presume V4 is the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)