• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

R86 Music on YouTube

I'm pleased to announce that R86 Music, my channel on YouTube, is now officially up and running!

It's shading the truth to post under "Originals," since most of what you'll find on my channel will be covers, strictly speaking. In fact I still have some of my old Vocaloid covers from years ago on the channel. What's new is something I've been waiting for over 35 years to produce: complete recordings of great classical and baroque choral music, including both instrumentals and vocals, in which none of the sound is directly produced by a human being. So if you're interested in hearing a Mozart mass for example, then I'd invite you to my channel. I'm including the score so you can follow along. Here's the opening Kyrie of the Mozart C minor mass KV 427 as an example, with Kagamine Len V4X Append Serious exceeding my expectations on the soprano solo.

I have learned a lot over the past year about using Nihongoloids to sing in church Latin, in spite of their obvious shortcomings with phonemes. I find them so far to be much better than Engloids for this use, because of the pure vowels. I have also improved in mixing, although I am still doing it sort of "quick and dirty." But at least I've learned that the vocals need to be much quieter in the mix than I liked them to be in years past.

What's hindered me from starting this channel is worries over YouTube's automatic and overzealous flagging of copyrighted material. Happily, I'm not getting any flags so far, which is right as Mozart's music is now public domain, seeing as he died in 1791. I am nearly done with this Mozart mass, and in future am planning to do the Bach Magnificat, along with some purely instrumental music (perhaps a symphony by Haydn, Schubert, or Beethoven). I will also be doing a complete remake of a choral piece I wrote about 20 years ago, once I learn how to use the V5 Editor. And I will almost certainly be doing more covers of Vocaloid pop songs too.

Thanks for reading my shameless plug, and I hope you'll stop by!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That's a really different/interesting/exciting use of Vocaloids! Congrats! The song you posted came out really well, too!

Thanks! I finished uploading the Mozart mass some weeks ago, and just now I've uploaded an instrumental piece I've long admired, which is the overture to the Johann Strauss operetta Die Fledermaus ("The Bat," though it is not about a literal bat).

I will return to vocal music next, I promise. I want to do the Bach Magnificat (actually I already did several pieces from it years ago), and this time include the V5 Nihongoloids Ken and Kaori. Then once I've figured Vocaloid V5 out, I want to do a piece for small choir and orchestra that I finished composing back in 2002.

It is really a shame that there aren't any Vocaloids (at least I know of none) with good abilities in German, because there is a wealth of truly astonishing Bach cantatas that are in German. So I suppose I'll stick to Latin for the time being.

Thanks again for stopping by my channel!

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Congrats on the overture! It sounds good!

It is really a shame that there aren't any Vocaloids (at least I know of none) with good abilities in German, because there is a wealth of truly astonishing Bach cantatas that are in German. So I suppose I'll stick to Latin for the time being.
Hm, I'm not sure if I'm aware of any native German vocal synths. I know of one song, maybe two, where Miku speaks German, but I couldn't speak to if it's good German or not since I don't speak the language. Here's a link to Schwarzer Regen. I'll have to leave judging the German to you, but maybe you'll find this information helpful.

Hm, I'm not sure if I'm aware of any native German vocal synths. I know of one song, maybe two, where Miku speaks German, but I couldn't speak to if it's good German or not since I don't speak the language. Here's a link to Schwarzer Regen. I'll have to leave judging the German to you, but maybe you'll find this information helpful.
My German is fairly decent as I took it in school decades ago. Miku's German is almost passable here, but it is using only certain of the easier sounds in German. I also wonder if the song is using Miku English in those spots, which might do better at German due to having more vowels.

I have heard of some Utau banks that have German capabilities, but I've also never managed to get the Utau editor up and running, and it also has always left what I call "registry turds" when I've tried to uninstall it. It's been a few years since I've tried though.

Mostly, I can't afford to put off learning the V5 Editor any longer, although it seems to work much differently from the V4 Editor (and I don't want to use the "V4.5 Editor" as I feel that only postpones the problem). So Latin it is.

Reactions: mobius017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)