• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID RESPONSES NEEDED: Survey on Naturalness in Vocaloid Music

Feb 14, 2024
Naturalness in Vocaloid
Hello, I am an AP Research student and will be using this survey as part of my data. Anyone interested in completing this survey will be asked to listen to a series of 5 Vocaloid songs and rate them based on the naturalness of their vocal tracks.

Explanations of what “natural” means in this context are included in the form. The survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete, assuming you listen to the entirety of each song. The survey will be closed on February 23rd.

Any responses you can give would be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments, I will try to check them daily though I may not be able to all days.

This is an alternate version of the survey if you're especially willing to help (they were only separate to avoid making it too long):
Naturalness in Vocaloid

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
This is not meant to be any form of super harsh criticism but more of a question: All five songs you used had that really stereotypical Vocaloid sound, which resulted me rating them 3 - 5, although I've heard enough songs I'd put in 1 and enough songs I'd put in 8, which (as you probably know) can strongly depend on the specific voice bank used, the engine and the person who tunes everything. What exactly do you want to achieve with your reseach? Do you only want to analyse those typical songs or vocal synthesis as a whole?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTwinzyDynasty
Feb 14, 2024
This is not meant to be any form of super harsh criticism but more of a question: All five songs you used had that really stereotypical Vocaloid sound, which resulted me rating them 3 - 5, although I've heard enough songs I'd put in 1 and enough songs I'd put in 8, which (as you probably know) can strongly depend on the specific voice bank used, the engine and the person who tunes everything. What exactly do you want to achieve with your reseach? Do you only want to analyse those typical songs or vocal synthesis as a whole?
The process for choosing songs was random as I wanted to limit the amount of subjective judgements I made on the song choice and I wanted to limit the range of songs so the survey wouldn't take too long to complete in the hopes of getting more responses. Unfortunately that may have led to songs being to similar. I can't say the particulars of what I'm researching as it could confound survey results but the survey is not intended to take inventory on the naturalness of Vocaloid songs as a whole.

Reactions: Granata

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)