• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV's Tone Shift parameter is actually doing nothing?

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
Too bad that I can't try SynthV Studio Pro and full AI databases.

So there's this discussion on a Discord server that the Tone Shift parameter is actually doing nothing, in the sense of the falsetto part can still be heard in the falsetto notes even if you set the parameter low. I was like "eh? Maybe you're doing it wrong," and we tried any possible tactics and still nothing significant.

For those who do have Studio Pro + full AI databases, could you confirm this? Or maybe it's just the current version or all that jazz? Or maybe is it database specific?

Asking for a friend.

[EDIT] Here's the attachment just in case.

Last edited:

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
I find the Tone Shift parameter has a dramatic effect on Solaria, but I've heard it isn't as impactful on other voices; which one are you using?
The person I discussed with tried it with Stardust and Tsuina-chan, and sounds like they're all not sensitive with the parameter.

Well, seems like the parameter is somewhat picky to the databases.

Last edited:

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
What does tone shift do exactly I thought it was pitch shifting so I never used it

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
I've tried with Tsuina-chan AI, Maki AI and Solaria AI (all full and in pro) and it has a slight effect on all. When set to -400 cents it it makes them sound a little more 'open' and slightly darker in sound, and on +400 cents they're slightly more 'sharp' or tense (a bit like tension, but not as pronounced). Maybe it will be more useful in future updates?
Prism: you mentioned pitch shifting but that is in 'pitch shift' and 'Key Shift" - I've never used key shift, as you would get better results shifting the notes to correct pitch I think, and pitch shift could be used if your reference track isn't at a=440 hz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)