• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other "The End" creator talked to Itoh about incorporating robots into future concerts

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Randomly stumbled across this article on my twitter feed about Keiichiro Shibuya's latest concert series.

But here's the interesting tidbit that really stood out
Scary Beauty was first unveiled in Adelaide, Australia, in September 2017, ahead of its Japan premiere.

Masui: Yes, and when we saw the video of the performance, the android looked like it was programmed. So we spoke with the CEO of Crypton Future Media, the company that developed Hatsune Miku, to incorporate the technology of moving the virtual idol in real time with an orchestra into our project.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hm, so it sounds like they're trying to learn from Crypton's concerts to make the android move along with the orchestra more realistically? That's cool. If there's any collaboration, maybe a Vocaloid android will see its start there. Though there's a lot of flexibility for the performance in using a hologram, there are definite possibilities in a performer that can interact with other material things.

Mar 6, 2018
I'm not sure I completely understand, but it seems like it'd be more so impractical and risky in my opinion for Vocaloid concerts to incorporate these "androids", with the risks of it too easily falling into the uncanny valley over the holograms we have now, as well as how limited they would be in their movements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)