• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Uni English

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I know ST Media teased the idea of both appends and English bank for Uni, but as far as I know, there hasn't been any news about that in a while. Is that something we should stop hoping for or am I just not paying attention enough to see them talk about it?

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I know ST Media teased the idea of both appends and English bank for Uni, but as far as I know, there hasn't been any news about that in a while. Is that something we should stop hoping for or am I just not paying attention enough to see them talk about it?
Not at all!

This is something that's been speculated about for a couple months, but allow me to ease your worries a little bit ;3

Not hearing anything from STM isn't uncommon. If you remember, UNI was announced back in 2014. It took a year for them to announce her design, and then another several months before the revised design, and another year still before we got her first demo. STM doesn't really give a lot of updates, but that doesn't mean they're not working on her. Dr. Yun is extremely focused on putting out quality products, so it makes sense that we haven't heard anything about the Appends and the English voicebanks for a little while.

On top of that, there's a lot of rumors floating around that VOCALOID5 is right around the corner. That means it's likely STM is waiting until the V5 editor comes out before updating UNI's voicebanks, and adding her English. I wouldn't mind that wait at all, myself.

There's a lot going on with STM right now, from running the Vocaloid Empire Naver site (which has 20,000+ followers they have to moderate), and their social medias, on top of producing albums and voicebanks, it's quite a bit for a new company.

I've been monitoring the Korean sites almost religiously for months, and so far there's nothing about the voicebanks being canceled or postponed. I'd take that as a sign that they're still being worked on. Dr. Yun's quite transparent when things are or aren't going well; if there's something going on with the voicebanks, he'll let us know. ;3

Have faith!! I'm sure we'll hear something either this year or early next. <3

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Not at all!

This is something that's been speculated about for a couple months, but allow me to ease your worries a little bit ;3

Not hearing anything from STM isn't uncommon. If you remember, UNI was announced back in 2014. It took a year for them to announce her design, and then another several months before the revised design, and another year still before we got her first demo. STM doesn't really give a lot of updates, but that doesn't mean they're not working on her. Dr. Yun is extremely focused on putting out quality products, so it makes sense that we haven't heard anything about the Appends and the English voicebanks for a little while.

On top of that, there's a lot of rumors floating around that VOCALOID5 is right around the corner. That means it's likely STM is waiting until the V5 editor comes out before updating UNI's voicebanks, and adding her English. I wouldn't mind that wait at all, myself.

There's a lot going on with STM right now, from running the Vocaloid Empire Naver site (which has 20,000+ followers they have to moderate), and their social medias, on top of producing albums and voicebanks, it's quite a bit for a new company.

I've been monitoring the Korean sites almost religiously for months, and so far there's nothing about the voicebanks being canceled or postponed. I'd take that as a sign that they're still being worked on. Dr. Yun's quite transparent when things are or aren't going well; if there's something going on with the voicebanks, he'll let us know. ;3

Have faith!! I'm sure we'll hear something either this year or early next. <3
That's really good to hear, thank you so much!

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
No worries! I'm in the same boat, as a longtime UNI fan I was super pumped when they announced UNI English would be a thing. I'm ready for it too, believe me!
She's a cutie with an awesome voice. Her an SeeU are both really good, but I don't really feel like I'd get much use out of either of them at the moment given the language barrier, so I'm super excited for that possibility!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)