• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Voicebank UTAU Development - Mez

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
At the moment, this page is a WIP/development thread for the revival of my old UTAUloid, Xed, now named Mez ( メヅ ). This thread will have progress of the design and some WIPs of the banks, eventually this main post will give clear links to final demo/download!

MEZ UTAU website
Xed Archive/downloads

Plans:
CV jpn voice bank
VCV jpn tripitch voice bank

multipitch(?) Arpasing english
concept art dump! some recent drawings i had done to visualize the revival. More to come as i solidify it.
mezconcepts3.png

zufokoconcept full.png

utau evolution 2018march.jpg

While I plan to record more VBs as i stay on T a longer (its not even been a year) but!
here are some samples of the my voice from 2020-2021 in order to get an idea.

VCV monopitch 2020 sample (tn_fnds)
2021 CV monopitch sample

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Well. It has been quite a moment since I updated on this utau development. I've settled a bit more now after moving but got quite caught up in life and other interests. And the stress of working on a VCV bank that may take some time just made me hold off- mostly with my voice changing on hormones. But! I am planning to get back on this guy soon, as I have had many thoughts on the design too that I want to share. I am also working a website of my own which is where all downloads for Mez (and Xed) will be hosted too, so that is taking some time as well.

Anyways! Drawing energy has been random but I had to throw down a more solid concept of the character design in mind. will be lots of black and yellow, with a slight theme around bright yellow caution tape. i have kinda been leaning on the hair being down now too, instead of up, but anyone could draw him with whatever style they want tbh.
mex des2.png

while i havent been able to draw much of this guy until now i have been drawing humans like crazy so, i have luckily been getting more practice lol. stay tuned for more, hopefully soon i will get on recording some CV banks and plan out what kinds of banks i want to make for this voice.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
hello! more concepts. i swear i will settle with something soon. i did these once a bit ago but waited to post them until now. its likely i will be going more towards the second one, something more simple since i like the idea of building off a simple "base" design so future appends can branch off from it and become more complex.
utaumez des2.png
mez_outfitnewer1.PNG

i have some other design thoughts but nothing to show, so take these for now. other ideas include a chibi-er mascoty focused design based off an animal. i think itd be fun to have some extra themeing outside of the caution tape and feel like a panther would suit him well... so i may have some kind of laternate design based around that! hopefully my next drawing of him will be final and i will get back on recording soon!

additionally, i will be reuploading some of the test samples i have recorded to my utau focused soundcloud soon- in case anyone is wondering. these arent the final voice and i wont be sharing them on this thread because of that, but once i sit down and focus on his specific banks i will share those samples when they come!

• Love
Reactions: PearlStarLight5

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
Oh boy, okay, finally finished the art I needed to finalize the design which means I can happily go towards recording some voicebanks. I made a status post a bit ago about why i changed around so much but the short was I wasn't vibing w the choices and i also accidentally made it way too similar to another vocal synth design design i forgot about.

but im quite happy with this- the thing is i plan to make *new* designs for other appends and whatnot, so i wanted to leave it pretty casual and open for other styles color/concept wise. I know I can easily take this casual look and exaggerate it or morph it into other fashion styles for different kinds of banks.

Additionally, my utau web page is being prepared! Obvious nothing for Mez yet, but the page is ready at least.

mexref1.png

mez_standalone.png

I will also be commissioning people eventually too- some things i didn't communicate in my simple style (the inside of the jacket it black jaguar print as i hoped to work that into his motif/aesthetic as well for the future). But for now heres my finished pieces! Time to get on recording.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)