• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

UTAU : no sound producing & difficulties with troubleshooting

pierce

artistical
Sep 18, 2020
okay so my problem here is now there is no sound being produced through the voicebank i'm currently using.
before you ask, i've been using UTAU for a few months now and when i first got it, i had this problem and i troubleshooted it through changing my locale (not the language) to Japan so it can't be that because just an hour ago, i had checked if i had my locale changed to something else and it was still set to Japan

first, i was struggling with the UTAU resample at first with the current voicebank i'm using (it's a temporary one until i finally make my own) as i so happened to move all the downloaded and recommended resamples into where UTAU is located in my files, however that didn't fix the resamples from not appearing in my files when i click the [...] option next to the tool 2 (resample) text box.

the default resample and wav file used in UTAU didn't work before as every time i tried to play any note (the current voicebank i'm using is VCCV) i would get the error "failed to generate wav file". i don't know how i fixed that issue as i had only restarted UTAU when setting it as my administrator. now i try to play a note, no sound is produced but it does run the external process and all that and the note plays just fine as it would but just no sound. i had this problem before which i did resolve and i had before now was able to play the notes, every note just fine with the sound. i used the method i had used before to solve it and it did nothing. it's not UTAU either because the sample i could hear from the current voicebank i'm using but earlier when i started UTAU, the default Utauloid just gave me a error.

i'm highly confused and stressed as i've been looking and looking for answers on forums, youtube, reddit, etc. and none of them solved my problem for each one of the issues i had.

i've used this voicebank before and i had no issue with it until today. the voicebank recommends using resampler or fresamp resamples, but resampler didn't even work at first and i still can't get fresamp to.

i have a windows 10 32-bit and i've never had this problem before in my experience with UTAU

i appreciate any help, thank you

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I’ve been having problems with utau not rendering files lately and I was thinking that maybe my problem came from updating synthesizer v and/or vocaloid5, as it started right after updating those. Have you installed or updated either of these programs recently ? (Sorry if this seems strange.)

pierce

artistical
Sep 18, 2020
I’ve been having problems with utau not rendering files lately and I was thinking that maybe my problem came from updating synthesizer v and/or vocaloid5, as it started right after updating those. Have you installed or updated either of these programs recently ? (Sorry if this seems strange.)
recently, i haven't updated any of them.

Reactions: WyndReed

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
as i so happened to move all the downloaded and recommended resamples into where UTAU is located in my files, however that didn't fix the resamples from not appearing in my files when i click the [...] option next to the tool 2 (resample) text box.

the default resample and wav file used in UTAU didn't work before as every time i tried to play any note (the current voicebank i'm using is VCCV) i would get the error "failed to generate wav file". i don't know how i fixed that issue as i had only restarted UTAU when setting it as my administrator. now i try to play a note, no sound is produced but it does run the external process and all that and the note plays just fine as it would but just no sound. i had this problem before which i did resolve and i had before now was able to play the notes, every note just fine with the sound. i used the method i had used before to solve it and it did nothing. it's not UTAU either because the sample i could hear from the current voicebank i'm using but earlier when i started UTAU, the default Utauloid just gave me a error.
So, I might be getting the problems you had previously mixed up with the problems your currently having so I just wanna make sure its right: A lot of your resamplers aren't showing up when you browse for them in Project Properties, and the ones that do run but produce no sound.

---

The one thing I can say about things like resamplers and voicebanks not showing up is it's usually a permission/updating issue when UTAU is located in your program files. If you haven't already, try moving your entire UTAU folder somewhere outside of Program Files. (Mine's sitting in Documents. I also have all my resamplers in the root UTAU folder, not in a seperate folder.)

pierce

artistical
Sep 18, 2020
So, I might be getting the problems you had previously mixed up with the problems your currently having so I just wanna make sure its right: A lot of your resamplers aren't showing up when you browse for them in Project Properties, and the ones that do run but produce no sound.

---

The one thing I can say about things like resamplers and voicebanks not showing up is it's usually a permission/updating issue when UTAU is located in your program files. If you haven't already, try moving your entire UTAU folder somewhere outside of Program Files. (Mine's sitting in Documents. I also have all my resamplers in the root UTAU folder, not in a seperate folder.)
i had just moved the UTAU folder that's located in program files (x86) and have my downloaded resamples in the voice folder in the UTAU folder. i restarted UTAU, though the problem is the same and i restarted UTAU four times, whilst opening it as admin twice and opening it manually twice (double clicking the application shortcut on desktop and right click>select open). i still cannot see the resamples either though before with these resamples and this voicebank, it was fine and working before.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
have my downloaded resamples in the voice folder in the UTAU folder.
I'd recommend putting your resamplers either in the root folder of UTAU (meaning first folder, the one that contains utau.exe along with it's extension files) or make a seperate folder for resamplers. Of course this isn't completely necessary, but personally I have all mine in the root directory because it takes WAY too much effort to click one extra folder to select my resampler :mirai_ani_lili: /s. Just remember to close/restart UTAU when you move them so it's properly updated!

Another thing to try is to manually write the destination of that resampler/voicebank you want to use to force UTAU to check that area. For ex. (C:Users¥<Name>¥Desktop¥UTAU¥resampler.exe). This is how it looks for me when my resampler.exe is in my root folder. obviously you'll have to specify further what folder your resamplers are in if you don't have them in the root.

I completely forgot to mention this but if the above doesn't work for your voicebank either, you could always use the lovely drag & drop method!! (Very helpful when you've got so many VBs that you have to resort to shoving them into external hard drives :,D) Voicebanks, no matter where they are, if you drag the folder directly into an open UTAU window, UTAU will read it right where it's at. Admittedly though it's probably not gonna fix your problem with not being able to see it when you browse... but it IS a workaround!!!

Reactions: pierce

pierce

artistical
Sep 18, 2020
I'd recommend putting your resamplers either in the root folder of UTAU (meaning first folder, the one that contains utau.exe along with it's extension files) or make a seperate folder for resamplers. Of course this isn't completely necessary, but personally I have all mine in the root directory because it takes WAY too much effort to click one extra folder to select my resampler :mirai_ani_lili: /s. Just remember to close/restart UTAU when you move them so it's properly updated!

Another thing to try is to manually write the destination of that resampler/voicebank you want to use to force UTAU to check that area. For ex. (C:Users¥<Name>¥Desktop¥UTAU¥resampler.exe). This is how it looks for me when my resampler.exe is in my root folder. obviously you'll have to specify further what folder your resamplers are in if you don't have them in the root.

I completely forgot to mention this but if the above doesn't work for your voicebank either, you could always use the lovely drag & drop method!! (Very helpful when you've got so many VBs that you have to resort to shoving them into external hard drives :,D) Voicebanks, no matter where they are, if you drag the folder directly into an open UTAU window, UTAU will read it right where it's at. Admittedly though it's probably not gonna fix your problem with not being able to see it when you browse... but it IS a workaround!!!
although, i have tried putting the resamples in the root folder of UTAU as well as other so forth destinations, however nothing IS seeming to cooperate with me. i have my locale set to Japan already so i'm going to uninstall UTAU and delete the VB and resamples and reinstall UTAU as well as the other things and see what things changed or cooperates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)