• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid Headcanon Backstories

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Especially helpful for people like me who are into Talkloids, fanfiction, and Vocaloid "lore". Giving a Vocaloid their own backstory could help you with their personality!

keisou's AVANNA's Story:

Avanna was raised in a lone house in a forest south of Dublin by an elf woman and a human man. Her mother named her after her own mother, Éabha (Ava), and her husband's mother Anna, declaring that their combined names meant "gracious breath of life". Her parents agreed to "raise her right", and she grew up to be a polite, kind and intelligent young woman. Her mother taught her to cook, make clothing, play instruments and care for plants; her father taught her "school subjects" such as mathematics, science, world history, and literature, as well as general advice on life. The others that lived in the forest largely loved her for her kindness and her beautiful singing. One day, their house burned down in a fire, and though Avanna and her parents all survived, they had to leave the forest for Dublin to seek a new home. Her father, a born-and-bred Dublin man (who had probably been waiting his whole life for this moment), taught her and her mother the ways of city living, and Avanna managed to grow accustomed to it with her father's help.

Avanna always had a feeling she was different, but she didn't have a clue how until she was singing one day and realized she not only had perfect pitch, but an inhuman vocal range (she also noticed that she struggled some with pronunciation in Irish though she was fluent in the language). Soon, at around eighteen years of age, she received a letter inviting her to London, confirming that she was a Vocaloid, and inviting her to meet her fellow Vocaloids. She put together her new outfit with the help of her mother, taking from her mother's Celtic influence, and was able to meet the other Vocaloids at Zero-G, and eventually those outside the company as well. She joined Zero-G, was given a place to stay, and was all too happy to practice her singing among her new friends, quickly taking on a caring role among the Zero-G "family".

(And yes, I did indeed give her living parents. She still visits them sometimes, I'd imagine. She's just an Independent Adult now I suppose. Her parents could also be deceased but she wouldn't let it make her a bitter woman, as she'd appreciate the memory of their love. As for whether they're biological or adoptive...um, I dunno. I did write about Avanna's birth once but maybe her being adopted would make sense too?)

Meeting Miku:

One day, a young Japanese girl fresh out of English lessons was taken to meet some of the native English-speaking Vocaloids, Avanna being among them. Avanna took an immediate liking to the girl, whose name she soon learned was Hatsune Miku, or Miku Hatsune in Western order. Avanna helped Miku some with her English and answered any questions she had, and soon they became friends. Miku eventually had to go back to Japan, so they went their separate ways, until one day she was called to work for a producer in the US (me lol), and when she got to her new home, Miku was already there.

Friends with Gumi:

Avanna knew Gumi before she knew Miku, as the latter was fluent in English and liked to travel to Western countries. Gumi declares the two "green buddies" and likes to tease her Irish friend, but Gumi is even stronger friends with Miku, whom she's known and befriended pretty much ever since she was signed as a Vocaloid. Gumi is a tech genius and has been known to help Avanna with anything she's struggling with tech-wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)