• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID2 uninstalled itself.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
So in an effort to make my V2 editor work, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my V2s. It was going well until I tried installing Prima, forgetting I gave her to a friend a while back; the system freaked out and uninstalled V2, icon and all. No big deal, I'll just uninstall and reinstall the ones I do have and be more careful!

But nope. The only ones showing up in my control panel are Rin/Len ACT1, and I can't uninstall them. I've tried multiple times, I've tried restarting my computer and uninstalling them again, nothing. Tonio's not showing up on the control panel; when I try to install him again, it does the same thing that happened when I tried installing Prima.

Please help. I have no idea what's going on.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh lord. What a mess!

So, I know that Prima and a few other older V2s have an issue when installing them, because their editors are the older ones not compatible with 64 bit systems. Probably, once you uninstall absolutely everything to do with V2, you'll want to install your most recent V2 first, completely, and then do custom install with only the voicebanks themselves for the rest of them. That's what I've always done, anyway. But this is so strange! D:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Update:

I finally got Rin and Len uninstalled and re-installed Tonio!

And now Rin and Len won't re-install. I get the following error message when I run their installer:

1586497423325.png
I've tried installing them multiple times, including running their setup as an admin. Nothin'.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I solve one problem and another presents itself.

So I kinda figured out what the problem with Rin and Len was: I guess their old files were still in my computer's V2 file, so I deleted the whole thing, and then they installed without a problem, them and Tonio both. So now V2 will open, everyone's activated, and the interface is in English, so that's good!

But now nothing's playing back. And I don't mean "I hit play and the notes don't make any sound," I mean "The play button/space bar doesn't even freakin' work." Have I overlooked something? Has anyone else had this issue?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
...Huh. Now that's a weird one. I can't think of what would break the play button, but I'm bumping this thread in case anyone else can D:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think I remember someone on the VocaVerse chat saying that the versions of Vocaloid 2 (as in the chronological order the voice banks were released) have compatibility issues, especially between JP vs ENG ones. I think they said Japanese trumps ENG interface and recommended that you have to install them in careful order or just uninstall the ones you aren't using for a project and only use the one you need. But I can't remember who said it. Probably @Kazumi would know what to do, because they have all the Vocaloids.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I think I remember someone on the VocaVerse chat saying that the versions of Vocaloid 2 (as in the chronological order the voice banks were released) have compatibility issues, especially between JP vs ENG ones. I think they said Japanese trumps ENG interface and recommended that you have to install them in careful order or just uninstall the ones you aren't using for a project and only use the one you need. But I can't remember who said it. Probably @Kazumi would know what to do, because they have all the Vocaloids.
The newest Vocaloid you have would determine the display language, as well as the V2 version. So in this case, Tonio's editor would be used- Act1 are early enough to cause serious problems, but Tonio *should* solve them. (Generally, I think editor versions from Luka V2 on won't cause issues like Act1/Prima/etc. will)

Reactions: uncreepy

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah, I installed ACT1 first and then Tonio. I figured that was the best course of action since 1.) it would render the interface in English and 2.) that was the chronological order in which they were released. Even Tonio won't work, though. The editor works perfectly fine - I can enter notes and lyrics, add parts, change singers - but nothing happens when I press the space bar or the play button.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Yeah, I installed ACT1 first and then Tonio. I figured that was the best course of action since 1.) it would render the interface in English and 2.) that was the chronological order in which they were released. Even Tonio won't work, though. The editor works perfectly fine - I can enter notes and lyrics, add parts, change singers - but nothing happens when I press the space bar or the play button.
Generally speaking, it's best to install the latest first, then choose custom installation for the older ones and deselect the editor. I don't honestly know if that would fix this issue, but it's been known to avoid Prima/Ann conflicts.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Generally speaking, it's best to install the latest first, then choose custom installation for the older ones and deselect the editor. I don't honestly know if that would fix this issue, but it's been known to avoid Prima/Ann conflicts.
Oh, I see!! I always thought you were supposed to install them in chronological order. I'll try that!

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Aw man I could've warned you against that, oops -- Yeah, always best to install the latest V2 (of your target editor language) first, completely, and then I install the rest in random order but voicebank-only :o

Glad it's working now!! <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)