• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID5 not opening

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Well, this is a tad annoying.

I noticed last night that V5 wouldn't open when I tried opening it. I figured it was just because I hadn't turned off my laptop in a while.

I've now restarted it twice, deleted and re-installed it twice (once just going straight to the registry editor), deleted the user.config files from the AppData folder, tried opening it from every possible location on my computer... nothing. It shows the loading screen, then it disappears and never loads in, no error message, no nothing. Yamaha, of course, has helped zero. I'm tearing out my hair trying to figure it out. Please help.

Edit: Tried a few more things.
  • When I re-install it, it prompts me to install the update. After I do, when I try to open V5 again, it just. Doesn't open.
  • I've tried ignoring the prompt to update. That fixes nothing.
  • When I try opening the plugin through a DAW, it crashes the whole DAW.

Last edited:

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
did you uninstall a microsoft visual c++ version or something ? it might be affecting it

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Bumping this. I've gone through 30 pages of various Google results and tried everything and still nothing.

More info:
  • Checked to see if Windows needed to make any more updates. It's entirely up-to-date.
  • Restored everything I've deleted in the past 2 weeks, no matter how insignificant. Nothing.
  • Found exactly one thread that described issues that run as deep as mine do. It was shut down after the OP admitted they were pirating V5. Beginning to think that would be easier than trying to fix it at this point.

Reactions: Kaleidiope

Kaleidiope

An Oliver, Fukase and Kazehiki addict
Mar 31, 2020
My attic
Not going to lie, despite not having this issue yet, I've had many issues with the V5.
Especially with opening right after an update of the editor. That I never had when I had a pirated version of it.
I was gifted that version to test out when it first came out, and liked it enough to buy it legally. Yet ever since the amount of issues, and the amount of money, it has been very upsetting and almost not worth it.

Due to not experiencing this same issue, I can't say much. But when mine went very buggy after an update, I re-loaded the older version I had and used it.
(I backup every file to USB.)
But I had to try it three different times and delete everything associated with V5. Including deactivating the voices and reloading it all.
All-in-all, If I come across anything that might help, or experience this later this week or something, I'll try my best to let you know if I find solutions!
I wish you good luck for now, though!

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Well, it only took wiping my entire laptop into a factory reset, but V5 is back and working! I made sure to save everything, so after a few hours of transferring files, everything will be good as new! I did email Yamaha about it to see what else might have been done, but knowing them I don't anticipate an answer.

I'm currently having the same problem with the V4 Editor, and presumably also the V5 Editor (I'll know within the hour). The V3 Editor opens as usual. It seems that recent Windows updates cause a bunch of problems. I really don't want to do a factory reset of my computer, so I'll keep digging. Basically, it acts as though I haven't installed the V4 Editor, when I most definitely have.

EDIT 1: Interestingly, I successfully installed and authorized the V5 Editor, along with Kaori, Ken, Amy, and Chris. I updated all of them successfully, and the V5 Editor opens. However, I really depend on my V4 banks and the V4 Editor. I'm trying some other things and will report back.

EDIT 2: Victory is finally mine! I got the V4 Editor and all of my banks to install, successfully updated the Editor and activated the voice banks, and everything works. If this happens to anyone else, the key is to eliminate all traces of the V4 Editor from your system. Is it still in your Start menu even though you've uninstalled it? It might have been in both your Program Files and your Program Files (x86) folder. Annihilate all instances! The problem for me was a Windows update, which it seems often fights with native drivers and other things. Be careful though, or you might mess up your registry, which can lead to even worse problems!

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
EDIT 2: Victory is finally mine! I got the V4 Editor and all of my banks to install, successfully updated the Editor and activated the voice banks, and everything works. If this happens to anyone else, the key is to eliminate all traces of the V4 Editor from your system. Is it still in your Start menu even though you've uninstalled it? It might have been in both your Program Files and your Program Files (x86) folder. Annihilate all instances! The problem for me was a Windows update, which it seems often fights with native drivers and other things. Be careful though, or you might mess up your registry, which can lead to even worse problems!
Hmm... I had tried that with V5, numerous times, deleting stuff from folders I hadn't even realized existed, and nothing. I'm really glad it worked for you!!

Reactions: Kaleidiope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)