• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloids used to sing non-Vocaloid languages

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
What are some of your favourite examples of Vocaloids being used to sing languages they weren't made for? In particular, ones that aren't covered by the Vocaloid software.

Here are some of my faves:
Dasu's Enemy [Tagalog] using Len

Chie's (DoNotCrossP) The Judge [Ukrainian] using Maika (Warning: Contains violence and minor gore)

Tmycu & Nick R's Tujuh Melodi [Indonesian] using Len

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
I have a couple of favorites myself!

A good friends of mine speaks Polish. He knows of my obsession to Vocaloid, and has asked me to find some songs of Miku, or some other Vocaloid, speaking in Polish. He would be so triggered if he saw this post, though. He hates Polish, while I kind of like it.

To i hola is a Polish Folksong.
Piosenka o pociągach means A Song about Trains. It has Western American-style elements in instrumentals, theme, and such. Sung by Maika.

I mean, there are other good examples of Vocaloids singing in Tagalog, German, and even forcing them to speak a language they don't have a VB for, but Polish is my favorite one of them all.

Reactions: Paradoxical
Uhhhh, there are many. I looked for Russian and German songs a lot since those are my native languages.
That's a cover of the Russian folk song "Near-Moscow Evenings". It's outstanding from all other songs in terms of pronouncing.

Interesting about this one is that... It doesn't sound like the lyrics at all! She sings "The world is black, I'm the only white being in the world" and I hear "The world was good, but only in a melody".

Another decent cover of "Katyusha".

"Black Rain" should be famous.

And a German folk song - "The Lost Child and Father Dog". It's creepy.

Last edited:

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
What are some of your favourite examples of Vocaloids being used to sing languages they weren't made for? In particular, ones that aren't covered by the Vocaloid software.

Here are some of my faves:
Dasu's Enemy [Tagalog] using Len

Chie's (DoNotCrossP) The Judge [Ukrainian] using Maika (Warning: Contains violence and minor gore)

Tmycu & Nick R's Tujuh Melodi [Indonesian] using Len
These three are so amazing, I love Chie's songs especially.

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I started collecting german vocal synth songs (mainly covers, but originals joined the list as well after some time) two years ago and the list has grown to more than 150 songs already!
It includes a lot of UTAU songs, too, but at least half of the playlist is filled with Vocaloids singing in german. c:
[German Vocal Synth Stuff]

My five favorite original songs in german are these:
(Now, that I collected these songs, I noticed that I have a weakness for medieval, epic and fantasy-like songs, uhhh. :D)

1) Bakeneko published this song only two weeks ago and. Just listen to it. It's great.

2) In this song, written by HZJ_P, only the bridge is in german (2:44 - 3:03), but I enjoy it a lot anyway! It's the only song with Prima singing in german that I could find and it's an amazing one.

3) Another great song, this one is written by Robyn van Haase, it's epic. It's just epic.

4) This one was written by Kirara Seika and has an orientalic feeling with a touch fantasy, wrapped in epicness! :D

5) I know that this is narcissistic but I won't lie that I really like this song which was written by Mika Sediar and tuned/vocal-edited by myself.
We wrote some other german original songs as well //hint hint

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Wow people have added a lot of awesome stuff here that I've never seen before. I had no idea there were so many German songs.

Reactions: Satinather

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
I looked up Vocaloid Farsi for shits and giggles on YouTube, not actually expecting to find anything...but lo and behold:

It's even a song I had to memorize back when I was a young Pom at Farsi class :'D
Her pronounciation is pretty solid too, give or take a few words. I guess that's not surprising as most words don't have two consonants together, and a lot of the vowel sounds are pretty similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)