• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID what happened to the seeu uni starter pack?

dezzydream

jermacraft
not sure where to post as i literally joined today but

i was thinking of purchasing it when i noticed characterplanet pulled that one product from the site. i literally can't find it anywhere else, does anyone know what's up with it?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Starter pack like SeeU + the Vocaloid3/4 editor? If it isn't there then my guess is that they probably ran out of V3/4 copies.

___

Oct 8, 2019
it was both of them + the v4 editor, all physical. if it shows up again i'll try to get it as fast as possible so it'll be here by christmas.
Once they run out of copies that's it :/ The closest thing you can purchase now is just SeeU + Uni ( when you said "both of them" I assumed you meant Uni ).

Edit: because V4 is no longer being sold by Yamaha they can't get any more copies. Internet Co still has some starter packs with V4 avalibe tho.

Reactions: peaches2217

dezzydream

jermacraft
Once they run out of copies that's it :/ The closest thing you can purchase now is just SeeU + Uni ( when you said "both of them" I assumed you meant Uni ).

Edit: because V4 is no longer being sold by Yamaha they can't get any more copies. Internet Co still has some starter packs with V4 avalibe tho.
dang :/ i'm looking at miku v4x now, probably a much better bet.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't wanna add confusion, but in case you aren't aware, Crypton is releasing an updated Piapro currently known as "Next Generation Piapro" (they're apparently moving away from Vocaloid), they said they were going to announce the price of it by the end of this year, so I assume that means December. It might be something to think about waiting to hear the announcement for. Each Cryptonloid got updated V2/V3 voices and they are supposed to go on sale during the first half of 2020 (as in some time during January ~ June). This is the thread about it for more info: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) As a warning, we have no clue if the new Piapro will work with non-Crypton characters, so that might also affect your purchase plans if this new software seems interesting to you.

dezzydream

jermacraft
I don't wanna add confusion, but in case you aren't aware, Crypton is releasing an updated Piapro currently known as "Next Generation Piapro" (they're apparently moving away from Vocaloid), they said they were going to announce the price of it by the end of this year, so I assume that means December. It might be something to think about waiting to hear the announcement for. Each Cryptonloid got updated V2/V3 voices and they are supposed to go on sale during the first half of 2020 (as in some time during January ~ June). This is the thread about it for more info: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) As a warning, we have no clue if the new Piapro will work with non-Crypton characters, so that might also affect your purchase plans if this new software seems interesting to you.
as much as i love experimenting with new synths, i don't think i'll try it out if it means i won't be able to use any non-crypton banks. seems kinda like a waste since none of my fave vocaloids are from crypton.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
If you want the V4 Editor, like Patuk said, Internet Co still sells bundles! Here's their Vocaloid page; their V4s either come by themselves or bundled with the editor. It's currently the only way to get the V4 Editor without having to pay like $300. Piapro Studio also works if you want a Crypton V3/4, so either is a good option!

(EDIT: If you wanna order from them, you'll need to use a forwarding service, like Tenso. I've used it myself and it's super easy and useful!)

Last edited:

dezzydream

jermacraft
If you want the V4 Editor, like Patuk said, Internet Co still sells bundles! Here's their Vocaloid page; their V4s either come by themselves or bundled with the editor. It's currently the only way to get the V4 Editor without having to pay like $300. Piapro Studio also works if you want a Crypton V3/4, so either is a good option!

(EDIT: If you wanna order from them, you'll need to use a forwarding service, like Tenso. I've used it myself and it's super easy and useful!)
so, if i have piapro studio and miku v4x installed, i can still use non-crypton vocaloids in piapro? i'd really like to get my hands on yohioloid.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
To my knowledge, Piapro doesn't have "job plugins" like V4 Editor does. V4 Editor comes with several plugins such as Kerovoice (autotune-sounding), Idol Style (automatically makes a dip in pitch bend at the end of each note to sound cutesy), and a bunch of other pretty useless (in my humble opinion) plug-ins.
plugins.png

On the other hand, the thing Piapro has that V4 Editor doesn't have is E.V.E.C. (oh, and Piapro comes with Studio One if you are interested in making original background music).
Edit: You have to use Piapro in a DAW, it's not standalone (the Piapro that comes with Miku Chinese is standalone and so will the upcoming Next Gen version, though). V4 Editor is standalone.

V4 Editor only lets you see two tunings overlapping each other at a time (Pitch Bend in the front, Gender Factor in the back):
overlay.png

Piapro lets you see everything all stacked on top of each other:
overlay2.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)