• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What language would you want to be added next to cross-lingual in SynthV/Vocaloid 6?

What language would you want to be added next to cross-lingual in SynthV/Vocaloid 6?

• Korean

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Spanish

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Russian

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hindi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Almiri

New Fan
Sep 12, 2022
So right now, SynthV only has support for Japanese, English, and Mandarin. Those are the only languages there are SynthVloids for, and the "only" languages that cross-lingual synthesis has. It also turns out that Vocaloid is doing the same with V6, with Japanese, English, and Mandarin.

So what other language would you most want support for in cross-lingual synthesis? Myself, I feel like Korean is the best language to add next because of K-pop(and so that Korean producers-EDIT: for example Kanerin, although they are on hiatus-don't have to be stuck with language imitation).

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
I would have said French (but again I'm biased lol)

More seriously, Spanish and Italian would be great, and since Korean seems popular, yeah it'd be nice (and SeeUNi feel all alone since Vora and Khylin retired)

Almiri

New Fan
Sep 12, 2022
and SeeUNi feel all alone since Vora and Khylin retired
No, it's not "SeeU and UNI feel all alone," it's "UNI feels alone" because while UNI is still available from the Vocaloid website(and is the only one under the Korean tag), SeeU doesn't seem to be available for purchase anymore.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
My personal bias is for German, but realistically I can see V6 adding support back for Korean and Spanish, with SynthV following suit in the future. (I mean, Solaria already comes with a Spanish dictionary.)

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
Being biased I want Spanish, but not only bc is my mother tongue, I want that Maika we heard the demos for Vocaloid AI and I guess Vocaloid 6 at an early stage? But the Spanish vb failed so bad I don't think we will see a commercial release of that (although my therory is all 3 spanish VB exists since V1 in spanish and catalan bc their VP are workers of the UPF/Voctro)

That being said Korean may be the most realistic option but I think companies want to focus more on secure profits and idk but I don't think Korean VB were that succesful

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)