• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question What Professionals Use

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I’d guess it’s used by both. Actually, I got the exact same product (Miku’s V4X bundle) from the exact same website, and I’m 100% an amateur. There’s not really a Vocaloid Pro and a Vocaloid Amateur. It’s all just Vocaloid. I hope that helps!

EDIT: I’d like to point out that the exact same product is owned by MitchieM, one of the best Vocaoid users out there. So it’s definitely for pros and amateurs alike!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The Hatsune Miku V4X bundle is used by professionals and hobbyists alike. This particular bundle from Crypton includes all of Miku's Japanese voicebanks and her English voicebanks, plus it comes with the Artist version of Studio One (a DAW for making background music and running Piapro, the editor used to make Miku sing). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Haeven

New Fan
Nov 28, 2019
Thank you very much, Peaches2217 and Uncreepy. Your help is greatly appreciated. :D Edit: MitchieM is one of my favourite producers. He's pretty darn amazing. If it's the same software, I'm very happy.

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
MitchieM has been using Vocaloid for years but it's worth noting that he has acess to the new voice synthesizer developed by Crypton ( which isn't out yet ) and he used that in his newer songs.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
MitchieM has been using Vocaloid for years but it's worth noting that he has acess to the new voice synthesizer developed by Crypton ( which isn't out yet ) and he used that in his newer songs.
We only know for sure that he used the Vocal Drive plug-in (for scream texture) and the HS Booster (to stretch out certain words), we don't know if he actually got to use the updated Crypton voice banks. And even if he did get to use the new voices, the new upcoming Piapro is for both hobbyists and professionals.

Haeven, in case you don't know, Crypton is going to announce to price of an updated Piapro by the end of this year (all of the Cryptonloids Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Kaito, and Meiko have updated voices). However, we only know the new software will go on sale some time January ~ June. Crypton created their own software and are breaking away from Vocaloid. This thread kept track of the entire progress of the situation.

I personally don't know if it's worth muddying your question with this information. But if you care about having the latest technology, you might want to wait for the announcement.

Haeven

New Fan
Nov 28, 2019
Thank you Peaches. I am going to stick with my old Kaito V3 English for now, in anticipation of the next Miku English. By chance, do you know what the next, updated set of vocals will be called? They're not going to be V5 right? I would like to research and keep up.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
They're going to be called Piapro Characters (or Piapro Vocals or something with Piapro in it), to the best of my knowledge. We don't really know for sure just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)