• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID What was the most successful new VOCALOID4 vocal?

Bryłka

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
I remember how probably IA was the best new vocal of V3 and I guess that Miku was queen of V2, but since V4 has come to it's end, who was the best new star in Vocafamily? Does anybody know or want to guess?

I was wondering about it and somehow I cannot find the info, so I thought I may ask here ^^;

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
i'd say popularity wise either Fukase or Akari. Dex and Daina also seems to have done fairly well both in popularity and financially, albeit with the backing of Vocamerica. Una also has many fans and is pretty popular with the Japanese crowd not really IA or Yukari popular, but popular enough that she gets lots more usage than many other new V4 titles

I want to say that, with the amount of merch and fan art she has, Akari is probably the most successful V4 title popularity wise, but it's a bit messy bc she also had her Voiceroid and I don't see much use of her Vocaloid bank so it's hard to tell if she had good success as a Vocaloid. She's also fairly new so like... it's hard to estimate

I think Uni is also a good contender for most successful V4, as well as pretty much any of the new Chinese loids. We're keeping in mind that China is having their V2 era right now so while their vocals might not be big everywhere else they're a huge hit in China

overall I don't think anyone new in V4 managed to break into the top 10, it was kinda a slow era with mostly V2/V3 updates. We did have a lot more newer titles with a higher moderate success average than V3 I'd say, which is good

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Based on the NND 2016 ranking, Fukase was used in the most NND videos, indicating that he was successful. However, I wasn't sure about 2017-2018, so I checked the number of videos in their tags myself, and Una seems to have overtaken him. She's received more marketing than Fukase over the last year so it wouldn't be too surprising. *edit* However, this only applies to Japanese Vocaloids.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
It is really among Fukase or Una. I said Una because her popularity seemed to skyrocket out of nowhere.

I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about Fukase, and to me, he seems more popular in the West (likely for his English).

Una though has had a lot more marketing to boost her. From the song and illustration contests, to the commercials that came out of that, to her online store with merch. Not to mention having a Talk letting her get into Voiceroid communities too.

I also find that the most popular Vocaloids get into NicoNico Cho, and if I remember right, Una was in last year’s and this year’s? And I don’t believe Fukase has been, but he is also potentially held back by his special license.

Dex and Daina are obvious for Engloids, having the most promotion and allowing them to be boosted to popularity. For other languages, it’s not really easy to tell. I don’t think the Western community is close enough to the Chinese or Korean community to know how they’ve done.

Just from what I know, I’d guess Stardust did best but that’s based off the general of females doing better than males and two of the new Chinese Vocaloids are way too new to tell. VSinger as a whole is probably more popular tthwn Stardust though, but she still gets a good anount of promotion with figures, her official YouTube channel, and her luve concert. That’s really all I can say about it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)