• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Your Vocaloid Singer Settings?

CV420

Ultimate Lurker
May 23, 2018
California
www.youtube.com
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but oh well.

I'm trying to make a cover with IA Rocks, but I'm really not good with getting nice sounding singer settings. She always comes out too nasally or too muddy sounding. Does anyone have decent singer settings for IA Rocks? It would really help out my cover. Thanks!​

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
Idk IA but try
increase BRI up maybe all the way for less mud
GEN up around 85 max for a bit less nasal maybe

any more than that Id say just eq around

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Not at my computer, but U think my settings are around:
BRE: -15
BRI. 120
CLE: anywhere from -10 to 5
GEN: 5-10

I also tend to XSY her with normal IA, if you have that capability.

For muddiness, you cab also fix that with EQ in post. The nasalness comes from being a more powerful voice partly, might try keeping her in a moderate range for her (lower is better than higher).

OrlyPep

New Fan
Sep 6, 2018
Under the sewers
Idk IA but try
increase BRI up maybe all the way for less mud
GEN up around 85 max for a bit less nasal maybe

any more than that Id say just eq around
Putting your GEN up to 85, that's too high...

As for your nasal problems try raise your BRE instead. but don't overdo it or else it'll hurt your ears...

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
Putting your GEN up to 85, that's too high...

As for your nasal problems try raise your BRE instead. but don't overdo it or else it'll hurt your ears...
i was talking about going from 67->85 when tuning the parameters and made a mistake. so basically 18 on the actual sing parameter

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

OrlyPep

New Fan
Sep 6, 2018
Under the sewers
i was talking about going from 67->85 when tuning the parameters and made a mistake. so basically 18 on the actual sing parameter
Oh I see. XD Sorry about that, it scares me a bit especially when you use a male vocaloid for that. I only use the paramenters in GEN when handling higher notes to attain the masculinity tones of the vocaloids.

Increasing the GEN will only make the vocaloid sounds mature. I don't IA, so I may not give a good advice but since I owned few vocaloids who have a high nasal vocals, I resolved the issue by increasing the BRE at least 5 to 20...

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)