• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【Yamine Renri】街灯のサイレン【original/collaboration】→ SynthV

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019

Lyrics by りくりくり and music/video by me.

The above song is my latest attempt at shoehorning 18th/19th common practice techniques into a metal context. Improvements were achieved by using the high-gain guitars as monophonic instruments. In other words, no chord playing here!

Now that I've (partially) cracked the voice-leading-meets-metal enigma code, going forward I should be able to compose more interesting music in this style.

In addition to the above, I also used two new (to me) VSTs on this project:

The first is Z-Noise by Waves, which I learned about on these forums. (Thanks Prism!) Z-Noise was used to clean up the SynthV output, which tends to be noisy.

The second is TDR Nova, which is a free dynamic EQ VST. (Paid version also available.) I've been aware of dynamic EQ for several years now, but have never previously used it. Upon learning that TDR Nova was both decent and free, I decided to give it a shot. I was happily surprised at how transparently it tamed Renri's squeaky moments. It also proved useful on the 3 to 4 kHz range of the guitars. For those who may not be aware, this frequency range is roughly the resonant frequency of the human ear canal. (Actual frequency depends upon the person.) Human hearing is more sensitive in this range, so it's definitely an area to keep an eye/ear on. This is especially true for high-gain guitars because distortion creates a fair amount of overtones at these frequencies. Dynamic EQ tames this range only when necessary, resulting in natural-sounding adjustments.

Anyway, until next time!

P.S. The background choir is sung by 2xGenbu and 2xMiku.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
:yaminerenri_lili:Yamine Renri sounds absolutely beautiful here, very nice work. I really like the composition of this song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)