• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2019

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo

Official website:
初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2019」

Dates:

Osaka: 2019年8月9日(金)~8月11日(日)
Tokyo: 2019年8月30日(金)~9月1日(日)

Venue:
INTEX Osaka (Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture) / Makuhari Messe (Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture)

Schedule contents:
live, company booth establishment, creator work exhibition, goods sale etc.

Official Art:

illustration by ni02

Official CM:

Magical Mirai 2019 live:

【OSAKA】インテックス大阪 5号館A

■2018年8月10日 (土)

昼公演 OPEN 11:00/START 12:00

夜公演 OPEN 16:00/START 17:00

■2018年8月11日 (日)

【TOKYO】幕張メッセ 国際展示場 3ホール

■2018年8月30日 (金)

■2018年8月31日 (土)

■2018年9月1日 (日)

夜公演 OPEN 16:00/START 17:00。

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Magical Mirai song contest announced!

piapro(ピアプロ)|初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2019」楽曲コンテスト

Rules:
Target character Hatsune Miku / Kagamine Rin / Kagamine Len / Megurine Luka / MEIKO / KAITO
※ Append, V3, V4X can also be used (including ENGLISH, CHINESE)
* 1 It is possible to use only one character per work.

Submission format
Song length: 4 minutes 30 seconds or less
File format: MP3
Entry music is limited to a specific music publisher, etc., and unpublished original works without a trust contract with the management organization. Music genre, language to use is not required. Other details will be released to 【【Friday, February 1, 2019】 17: 00】 !

Reactions: razelberii

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I am so excited for this of course! It has been so many years since I first went in 2014 but I could never decide "I am gonna skip a year". It has just always been so fantastic with Miku and all the fans. 2018 was not much worse after the big 10th anniversary a year prior so I am excited to get the process started again very soon, with the dates being confirmed, booking accomodation plans...all the good stuff every year again :-)

In the meantime, if you wanna hear more about the past concert (I can tell you, I LOVED it), why not check out the review on Magical Mirai 2018 I finally completed after a huge amount of hours of working on it? I liked the concert so much I just had to put extra work in making sure the video would do it justice.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The event dates for Magical Mirai are:

Intex Osaka: Aug. 9th~11th
Makuhari Messe: Aug. 30th~Sep. 1st

I was hoping to attend Mirai at both locations again, but having that much space between the two events makes it harder, since there's 3 weeks in between now... I'm not sure what to do, I'm afraid I have to skip Osaka and go to Tokyo event only, or try to save enough money for a longer stay in Japan.
But hey, this year Osaka got a 3-day event too like Tokyo.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah, those dates are pretty disappointing. Why did they space it out so much this time?
I also wanted to go to both again but probably have to settle for one.
Osaka would be nice as it's the first time but Tokyo is probably just a bit better... will be a hard one to decide.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
it was difficult to find 3 days available for Osaka venue, that's why early August this time :)
and also, they're making Osaka and Tokyo so people from both east and west Japan can enjoy the event. Last year I met many japanese fans from Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima.. they were so happy that Magical Mirai returned to Osaka, because it was difficult for them to go to Tokyo.

more information will be revealed in March ^u^

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
As soon as they announce Magical Mirai 2019 Osaka and Tokyo. I knew I had to attend both. (Setlist changes)

I was surprised and overjoyed at the Osaka date. I originally planned to fly out to Japan that weekend and that works out perfectly!!! Start my trip with Magical Mirai Osaka and end with Magical Mirai Tokyo :). Couldn't be happier!!! Also, the 3 week gap between events gives me more time on what I have planned for my trip.

Now waiting on more news and the AP sales😒 and Ticket Lottery.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
My Vacation Leaves aren't enough to cover both legs, so I'll have to settle for the Tokyo leg.

Not to mention I'm also interested with the Miku Symphony gig on Oct 14.

ArikaOkias

New Fan
Feb 13, 2019
The Osaka dates are perfect to me!

This year gonna’s be my first time to a Magical Mirai event and I wanted to ask few questions :

• Since I’m underage do I have to buy specific tickets or can I use the same tickets as adults?
  • Do I have to go with adults or I can go alone even if I’m underage? (Both exhibition and concert)
  • If I want to buy the «Pre-Order Full Graphic Live HAPPI » do I have to use a friend’s address in Japan or I can use the hotel address? And how long the delivery is?
  • After receiving the ticket confirmation do I have to print the ticket?
  • Do a lot of staff at Magical Mirai can speak English (or Chinese)? Or we can get through the event without help and knowledge in Japanese?
  • Can we know the stands before the event or we will the have to wait the day of the event?
  • Is there indications in front of the Intex Osaka building or we can easily see the gate for the exhibition?
  • Is the concert in a whole different hall from the exhibition?

I’ve looked a little on the website of Magical Mirai 2018 and honestly after reading the notice I have a new question :

- If I want to the exhibition everyday do I need to buy a new exhibition ticket everyday?

I’m sorry for asking so much questions at the same time but it’s my first time going to Japan and my first event outside of France. I’m very stressed and excited toward this event and if I do go I wouldn't annoy anyone. I’m sorry as well for my broken English.

I might have more questions in the future but I will stop here.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Since I’m underage do I have to buy specific tickets or can I use the same tickets as adults?
Not sure, but I believe it's cheaper.

Do I have to go with adults or I can go alone even if I’m underage? (Both exhibition and concert)
Exhibition ticket I think has no difference. The concert one, they might ask for an ID to verify your age. Again, no info on the underage bit.

If I want to buy the «Pre-Order Full Graphic Live HAPPI » do I have to use a friend’s address in Japan or I can use the hotel address? And how long the delivery is?
Merch pre-order period is a month or so before the events, and they usually deliver it a week or so before that. it might be way too early to deliver it to your hotel. Might be better to piggy back on your friend's address, for peace of mind.

After receiving the ticket confirmation do I have to print the ticket?
Usually for the Accommodation Plans and Lottery Tickets - It's not yet a full fledged ticket until you exchange it in their claim booth. No worries, they email instructions on when and where to claim usually a week before; you print that for claiming.

Do a lot of staff at Magical Mirai can speak English (or Chinese)? Or we can get through the event without help and knowledge in Japanese?
Don't rely on it, but as I have said on other posts in reddit, you can survive and enjoy Japan in general. It will help out a lot if you study a bit what I call basic "tourist" Japanese (basic greetings, phrases, asking what, where, when; counting, time and money) Your Japanese may sound broken to them but remember the flipside that most Japanese also speak broken English. Besides, they'll warm up to you a bit faster if you impress them a bit!

Can we know the stands before the event or we will the have to wait the day of the event?
You mean the booths? yeah, someone usually posts them. Most Merch as well.

is there indications in front of the Intex Osaka building or we can easily see the gate for the exhibition?
You can streetview via googlemaps the INTEX area to orient yourself, but you can't miss its main entrance with the half-moon arch.
Or, you can follow the hordes of fans.

Is the concert in a whole different hall from the exhibition?
Yes. You might accidentally spoil yourself on the setlist if you happen to pass-by while they're rehearsing or the day concert is ongoing.

If I want to the exhibition everyday do I need to buy a new exhibition ticket everyday?
Yes, 500 yen, readily available in the exhibit hall entrance.

it’s my first time going to Japan and my first event outside of France. I’m very stressed and excited toward this event.
You remind me of myself when I was planning to attend my first Miku concert last 2017. First time as a solo traveler outside my country. Now, here I am, having the opportunity to use my solo trip experience to bring my family to enjoy a wonderful cherry blossom experience and attend my second Mirai last year.

Well, it's all thanks partly to the info that I got from the people here and its predecessor site.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
for underage applicants:

• For the applicants below 20 years of age, parental consent is required. Please print out "Parental consent form" and send it back to us by e-mail at [email protected] or by fax at "+81-3-6891-9409" within 5 days after your application.
  • Participants below 15 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

(this was the 2018 Accomodation Plan, but2019 will have same rules)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
you're very welcome ^-^
also, please remember that you need to bring and show the credit card you used for the payment of accomodation plan/lottery. If you use credit card of your parents, is better to bring also a copy of their ID, they might ask it :)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Ahhhhh oh well I complained about the dates, but now I booked my flights and lol, I guess I will be going to both Osaka and Tokyo, with a long stay in Japan between the two.
This will be fantastic! My 6th Mirai...and I still can't wait to be there again. But this one is gonna be especially crazy...!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^ Good for you!
As for myself, I'll most likely go Tokyo only as my employer probably won't give me an almost 4 week leave :/ Plus the costs of a stay that long would be pushing it for me.

The reasons to choose Tokyo over Osaka are simply that the last concert of Mirai has the best atmosphere, the crowd goes all out. And Miku's birthday coincides with the Tokyo leg. Lastly, I really enjoy Tokyo as a whole and I love spending time there (don't get me wrong, Osaka is a cool city too).

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I wonder if Osaka is gonna be really "empty" realatively speaking, especially since it's the same time as Comiket.
How about the creators market? Won't many producers go to Comiket instead?
What do you think, @MagicalMiku?^^
Or you other guys of course!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I'm sure Comiket will affect the number of visitors to Osaka, to some extent at least.

I suppose many producers will want to go to Comiket too, but then again Comiket runs for 4 days next summer, so maybe those creators who are unsure might spare at least one day for Creators Market in Osaka? Or maybe the Creators Market will have more small name producers? Just speculating.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
that's true for Comiket ^-^
but the main reason for early august in Osaka is for Obon festival (August 15), when people come back to their hometown , is a family reunion holiday. many workers and students leaves Tokyo during that period to return to their hometown, and well, many Tokyo workers and students are from west Japan ^-^
and because Osaka venue is smaller than Tokyo Makuhari Messe, they are fine with that ^^

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
^ Good for you!
As for myself, I'll most likely go Tokyo only as my employer probably won't give me an almost 4 week leave :/ Plus the costs of a stay that long would be pushing it for me.

The reasons to choose Tokyo over Osaka are simply that the last concert of Mirai has the best atmosphere, the crowd goes all out. And Miku's birthday coincides with the Tokyo leg. Lastly, I really enjoy Tokyo as a whole and I love spending time there (don't get me wrong, Osaka is a cool city too).
Sharing the sentiments, fellow slave to the working class~

Last year I had to file Leaves Without Pay because I had a family vacation trip earlier in the year in Japan/US as well (which they decided to have after my first Mirai in 2017) and I had to squeeze in my Mirai 2018 trip. Luckily my manager was understanding but, yeah corporate procedures were a pain.

On a general travel perspective though, I prefer Kyoto, Tokyo then Osaka. I feel more comfortable exploring Tokyo and I still have to explore most of the things I want to do there.

Ohh the info about Odon is good to know...I will have to keep that in mind. I never was in Japan so early in August.
Obon would be the time when the major cities would have lesser locals than usual as most of them would have migrated to their hometowns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)