• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question any engloid recommendations?

spiderfriend

unity-chan propagandist
for those who have some experience working with engloids, who would you say is a good choice for someone new to using them? excluding ones that don't "originally" speak english, like gumi, luka, fukase, etc, i wanna branch out more so im looking specifically for ones that are originally in english (yohioloid counts) if that makes sense. srry if my wording is bad vhdhskg but yeah does anyone have a rec?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
for those who have some experience working with engloids, who would you say is a good choice for someone new to using them? excluding ones that don't "originally" speak english, like gumi, luka, fukase, etc, i wanna branch out more so im looking specifically for ones that are originally in english (yohioloid counts) if that makes sense. srry if my wording is bad vhdhskg but yeah does anyone have a rec?
I can't recommend Cyber Songman enough. He sounds quite natural right out of the box, and he's really easy to shape into whatever you need him to be! Eleanor Forte's a good option as well, but her SVS Lite port is a downgrade from her original VB, and her pronunciation requires a lot of fixing, but so long as you don't mind getting acquainted with the phoneme system of SynthV, she's always a good option.

Big Al and Sweet Ann are similarly nice and smooth (Ann was intended to be on V1 but still holds up against V4 Engloids, really well), but they can't be used in V5; you can use them in V3-4 and Piapro or you can use them with their native V2, but V2 can be very frustrating to work with, especially for beginners. If you don't mind the challenge, then I recommend them as well!

spiderfriend

unity-chan propagandist
I can't recommend Cyber Songman enough. He sounds quite natural right out of the box, and he's really easy to shape into whatever you need him to be! Eleanor Forte's a good option as well, but her SVS Lite port is a downgrade from her original VB, and her pronunciation requires a lot of fixing, but so long as you don't mind getting acquainted with the phoneme system of SynthV, she's always a good option.

Big Al and Sweet Ann are similarly nice and smooth (Ann was intended to be on V1 but still holds up against V4 Engloids, really well), but they can't be used in V5; you can use them in V3-4 and Piapro or you can use them with their native V2, but V2 can be very frustrating to work with, especially for beginners. If you don't mind the challenge, then I recommend them as well!
yeah i like to use eleanor a lot! (she sure loves her consonants though LOL) i was just particularly looking for vocaloids. i'll look a bit more into cyber songman to start, thank you!

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Avanna is probably still the best quality English female vocaloid. Cyber diva comes close but her tone for me brings her down for me. Songman is great but his range is quite small probably the best English male. For v2 era I only really can recommend prima mainly because we haven't gotten a a synth in her style of voice.
Elenore is also great and synth v is a great editor.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Seconding (er, thirding?) Avanna. She's probably one of the highest quality out-of-the-box Engloids. Although similar to Eleanor I think, she loves her consonants. It's a bit unnatural if you leave it as-is, but thankfully phoneme editing is pretty easy! Cyman is also a fantastic choice (although sometimes his vowels are a bit odd in my opinion) and Cyva is also really high-quality (but tends to be a bit sharp at times).

Overall I don't think there's any Engloid that is good enough to sound nice in a plug 'n play, but there are some who are really nice at base and only need a little work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)