• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Calendar Launch

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Hey everyone! Sorry we haven't had many updates recently. The long awaited calendar has been added, you can access it on the top bar. Thanks to everyone that suggested it.

We have already added the anniversaries of all official Vocaloid products as holidays. We only added them in for 2019 so that we could get feedback from users before setting this format in stone. As users, you are able to add and edit in events which must be linked to a relevant forum thread. Each of these events must also be tagged for easy sorting.

For the time being, we're not going to place too much restriction on what is and isn't allowed, as long as its voice synth related. If you have any suggestions for new categories or ways to improve it, please let us know!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Am I just stupid or why can't I add events in the calendar? I tried adding the Miku Expo 2019 Taiwan and Hong Kong events, but I just get this message:
You are required to select a forum in which to create an event thread
What does it actually mean?
And when linking to a thread (the Expo 2019 Tw & HK thread I made earlier), do I just put a link in the general text field?

Reactions: Paradoxical

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Am I just stupid or why can't I add events in the calendar? I tried adding the Miku Expo 2019 Taiwan and Hong Kong events, but I just get this message:

What does it actually mean?
And when linking to a thread (the Expo 2019 Tw & HK thread I made earlier), do I just put a link in the general text field?
Can you try again now? We changed some settings around and the ability to link threads should be visible to all users now. It'll be below the option to add an image.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Thanks, but it seems it wants me to create a new thread, I thought it was supposed to be possible to link to an existing thread (and since the Miku Expo 2019 TW & HK I tried earlier has two different concert dates and locations, would I have to create separate threads for both)?
It would be convenient to just insert a link to an existing thread (and be able to link the same thread to several events).

Thanks for introducing the calendar, I think it only needs a little bit of tweaking and it will be perfect.

Edit: I meant to quote @Paradoxical 's previous post. Seems I can't add the quotes afterwards.

Reactions: Paradoxical

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Thanks, but it seems it wants me to create a new thread, I thought it was supposed to be possible to link to an existing thread (and since the Miku Expo 2019 TW & HK I tried earlier has two different concert dates and locations, would I have to create separate threads for both)?
It would be convenient to just insert a link to an existing thread (and be able to link the same thread to several events).
Being able to link an existing thread is definitely a feature that I would hope would work with this. I thought we tested it, but it's been a while so give me a bit of time to look into it and hopefully we can get it to work!

The option is available for me as a thread creator when editing the thread itself. It is under more options, which appears to the top right of the first post of the thread on desktop view.

If there is a thread that isn't yours that you want made into a calendar event let me know and I'll put it into the calendar.

Unfortunately, I do not currently see a way to have multiple calendar events link to a single thread outside of using the repeat function, but I'll see if there's anything we can do about it.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I tried now, I don't know how it turns out to look and if it displays the event for both May 11th and July 27th. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I do not currently see a way to have multiple calendar events link to a single thread outside of using the repeat function, but I'll see if there's anything we can do about it.
Considering stuff like concert tours and such, it'd be good to be able to use free links instead of thread specific events. But I know very little about setting up things like this, so I have no idea if it's even possible. Thanks again.

Edit: I decided to delete the calendar event since it messed up the thread title (the title now displayed the date and locations I put in the calendar entry, instead of the actual title). Maybe I should stop trying.

Last edited:

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
I tried now, I don't know how it turns out to look and if it displays the event for both May 11th and July 27th. Thanks!

Considering stuff like concert tours and such, it'd be good to be able to use free links instead of thread specific events. But I know very little about setting up things like this, so I have no idea if it's even possible. Thanks again.

Edit: I decided to delete the calendar event since it messed up the thread title (the title now displayed the date and locations I put in the calendar entry, instead of the actual title). Maybe I should stop trying.
Sorry for all the issues you're encountering. We changed the settings so that creating an event alongside a thread (or having to link one) is no longer mandatory. This way you should be able to mess around with the event calendar page without affecting the thread or thread title, then you can manually add links for any dates that you please, allowing you to link to the same thread multiple times for multi-date/location concerts that all share a thread.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Well, I tried again, this time with the Snow Miku concert. It succeeded! (I think)
Thanks for your patience and the work put into this, I think the calendar works now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)