• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Changing Locale

Hi there,

So I installed my UTAU editor a while back without changing my locale my computer. Ever since I've only been able to make one song. Everything else is glitchy (ex. the UTAUs only sing certain sounds and not the whole song. Some just refuse to sing altogether). So I figured it's the fact that I didn't change my locale.

The issue is, I really, really don't want to do that. I've had enough issues with my computer as is and I don't speak Japanese either, so I avoided that step altogether. So my question is, is it entirely impossible for UTAU to function if you skip this step? Because I don't want to get rid of UTAU, I've got a few retired UTAUs on my computer, and having to delete them would kill me. I guess I'm just curious.

Also, if there's an answer as to why my UTAUs won't sing that has nothing to do with locale, then I'm all ears. Thanks for any answers. :meiko_lili:

___

Oct 8, 2019
You absolutely do need to change your locale, changing your locale is harmless and wont turn your computers default language to japanese. All that can happen is that when youll download some new ( empahasis on some ) software it might default to japanese but you should be able to change the program's language or you can switch your locale back when installing that certain program. It isnt that big of a hassle and doesnt happen always. You have nothing to lose by changing your locale.

There is some software that will simulate different locales to run programs in??? Or something along those lines. But youre better off just changing your locale altogether.

Also, if there's an answer as to why my UTAUs won't sing that has nothing to do with locale, then I'm all ears. Thanks for any answers. :meiko_lili:
Maybe youre using VCV ust on a CV utau and vice versa. The ust isnt made for that utaus reclist but I'm not too sure, it could pretty much be also caused by UTAU running on non-japanese locale., UTAU is unpredictable in such environment.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Changing your locale is the only way to get UTAU working, but it doesn't change the system language (I can vouch. I have two computers set to a Japanese locale with everything still displaying in English). You'll just need to uninstall and reinstall UTAU as well as re-download any voicebanks once you change the locale.

Here's a guide if you need it! How do I view and change the system locale settings to use my language of choice?

Basically everything Patuk said.

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)