• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Cheers39

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

Cheers39 is a series of unofficial, fan-organized afterparties happening after the live performances of Miku Expo Europe. Cheers39 is taking place in London, Paris and Berlin, after the live shows of the respective concerts.

Cheers39 was inspired by offkais and vocaclub events in Japan, the most famous being Tsunagaru Mirai. Fans around Europe got together to create something similar, and Cheers39 was born.
The parties are an excellent opportunity to socialize with fellow fans, have some drinks, enjoy DJ performances and just generally have a good time and party.

Please note the afterparties require registration beforehand via the Cheers39 website.
Check the website for more info:

Times and places:

London

Time:

Jan. 11th 2020 11pm - 3am
Venue:
Market House
443 Coldharbour Lane
Brixton
London
SW9 8LN

Paris

Time:

Jan 16th 2020 11pm - 2am
Venue:
La Foisonnante
123 Avenue Jean Jaurès
Paris

Berlin

Time:
Jan 20th 2020 11pm - 3am
Venue:

Santa Cantina
Simon-Dach-Straße 22
Berlin

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon and mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Sounds like fun!

@hamano: Were you involved with the art for this by any chance? The style of the Miku image really reminds me of your artwork.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Okay, as there is some misinformation going around regarding Cheers39, I feel like I need to clarify this.

There are a couple of individuals claiming that we, the Cheers39 team, are the same team that organized Pub39 back in 2018. This is not the case, and Cheers39 has explicitly stated this. A list of the Cheers39 team members can be found on the website.

The original poster of the misinformed text thrown around the most has been contacted, but their answer was basically "i don't care". It is sad to see people throwing baseless rumors and whatnot on the Internet just like that.

I am part of the Cheers39 planning team and you can have my word that our team is not connected to the late Pub39.

Our team is more than happy to answer if you have questions regarding the events.

Reactions: peaches2217
Sep 21, 2019
The original poster of the misinformed text thrown around the most has been contacted, but their answer was basically "i don't care". It is sad to see people throwing baseless rumors and whatnot on the Internet just like that.
Oof. I'm sorry to hear that. I could understand if the person was just misinformed and concerned, but to answer "I don't care"... that's tacky...
I'm not familiar with the other group you mentioned, but from what I saw about them in a tweet linked on VVN, they sound really bad. I hope this doesn't damage Cheers39 too much. I wish you all well for your event! :kaito_move:

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The last DJ introduction:

All in all the performing DJs are:

London

DJ
Nigo
Party Miku feat. NGMSTR
CHART
TOMAToN

VJ
Oyasugumi
Nigo

Paris

DJ
weekendintokyo
Nigo
CHART
TOMAToN

VJ
Oyasugumi
Nigo

Berlin

DJ
Vault Kid
Nigo
Party Miku feat. NGMSTR

VJ
Oyasugumi
Nigo

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Yeah, it seems to have been a blast, but two more Cheers39 events left. I'll be present myself at Cheers39 in Berlin. And who knows if more events will take place in the future?

We also have a big flag travelling around the locations for people to sign on, you can just see it in the background here:

Paris still has space for more signups, and while Berlin is full, you can still sign up for the waiting list as there's a chance someone cancels their attendance.

Reactions: mobius017

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Thank you to all who came to Cheers39 in Berlin! It was fun even though the full DJ show wasn't possible. Unfortunately someone living upstairs of the bar complained about the noise to the police, so they came and told to be more quiet, so loud music could not be played anymore. Real shame, considering Cheers39 even rented proper audio equipment for the DJ live.
I filmed this clip early into the night:

It was fun, and more to come in the future

EDIT:Let's add the group photo we took at the end of the night

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Leon

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Even though Cheers39 isn't happening in Amsterdam and Barcelona, the flag will still travel around these locations and you can leave your signature or short message on it. The flag will be given to CFM at the end of the EU tour!

Reactions: Leon

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^ At least one of the Cheers39 staff members is in good terms with Crypton's overseas marketing director. I believe it was arranged through him, but that's all I know about this.

The idea of the big signed flag isn't about promoting Cheers39, but rather a fun way for all European fans attending Miku Expo to show their appreciation towards Miku, CFM and the band. Handing over a physical flag with the fans' signatures is to show Crypton how much us European fans appreciate Miku coming to Europe.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
And so as the Expo Europe tour came to a close in Barcelona, the Cheers39 flag was handed over to Crypton. The boss Itoh himself to be exact!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)