• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.
  • We're slowly working on adding more prefixes to the CeVIO and SynthV sections at the moment. If a name isn't available in the list, please feel free to post it anyway. An admin will add the prefix on once added.

Dex Circus-P ft. Dex - Misery Loves Company

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™

Long ramble incoming--

Ngl I haven't caught up with the CYMK project these past few months, but this made me especially hyped for Key đź–¤

This song captured my attention, not only bc it had Dex, but also because of its background.

Last night I was watching the aftershow, and Circus mentioned how the song's theme was based on 90's grunge, similar to what he's heard growing up. What especially got me was how composing it was almost like home to him.
"Making the elevator music in my head---except the music is grungy alt rock" - Circus, 10/22/2022
I've been listening to a bit of that genre lately, so as I heard this song, I can really see the influence in the lyrics and music. Yet the synths as heavy as they are to match the grungy feel, it still has that quirk that, in my opinion, only Circus can make. It's still his own sound.

It's safe to say that watching this premiere reminded me how much I love Circus' works. His newer stuff now perfectly exhibits the music influences he tried to replicate in his earlier songs and covers, yet it also refines that classic hard-hitting sound many fans know him for. If you ask me, it just shows how much he's grown as a producer.

I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do.

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
DEX sounds really amazing, and the PV is really cool. I love the aesthetic of the song, even if it's a little bit on a nose. However, I'm extremely disappointed with Circus using FL Slayer for the guitar. He's been meaning to make a rock song for years, and couldn't get a decent VST like Shreddage...? I also feel like the guitar is a bit overwhelming in the mix. Definitely could be better.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Hahahaha FL Slayer!! I knew it sounded familiar!

The MV is really really good... fun song, glad it got posted here because I probably would've missed it otherwise. I'm really bad at keeping up with English stuff, it's so hard.

Also glad to hear Dex for the first time in so many years! It's been a long time!

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I don't know much about VSTs, so that's interesting to hear. I gave the song another listen, then this band cover came out.

I also feel like the guitar is a bit overwhelming in the mix. Definitely could be better.
Listening to the cover compared to the original, now I kinda get what you mean about the guitar. I think the power of the instrumentals add to the vibe, but yeah it could be better to match that rock feel. I'm hoping we'll get more rock songs in the future, maybe there might be some improvement!

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
I don't know much about VSTs, so that's interesting to hear. I gave the song another listen, then this band cover came out.
Listening to the cover compared to the original, now I kinda get what you mean about the guitar. I think the power of the instrumentals add to the vibe, but yeah it could be better to match that rock feel. I'm hoping we'll get more rock songs in the future, maybe there might be some improvement!
Oh my goodness, this cover is amazing! There are some good guitar VSTs out there, but nothing quite beats out a real electric guitar... lol. I definitely like the song, just not FL Slayer.

Reactions: pico and Aia

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i felt like something sounded off about the guitar lol- kinda surprised its just fl slayer. hated that sound when i first got fl and got a vst like realguitar and some amp vsts. sure, not free but. id rather have it lol

but not to get off topic. i really really loved the mv for this- probably one of my favorites ive seen on circus' videos i think. the artists and editors did a great job with the aesthetic. i really missed hearing dex in general too... still one of my fave english males out there tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)