• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource Common BiliBili Terms and Slang

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
1583299083220.png
Hello! This is Part 1 in a planned series to help make BiliBili a more approachable platform to non-Chinese speakers.

One of the things that worried me most, and still gives me some trouble, was not knowing what the heck people were saying, or how to say things appropriately without sticking out like a sore thumb. So I'm here to help y'all! Here you'll learn about basic Chinese internet terminology, especially pertaining to vocalsynths.

(If you have something to contribute, don't hesitate! I'll add it in ASAP.)

First, some resources!
  • To start out, this is a very extensive and helpful guide I've found! I keep it bookmarked and handy and it's helped me out a lot.

• Also, when I need to translate something, this website is my go-to. The translator itself isn't much more accurate than Google Translate, but scroll down and you'll be given a word-by-word translation, which might help you better piece things together. However, it's a literal dictionary, meaning if you enter a slang term, especially if it's obscure outside of an internet setting, it's likely to miss it.

• I'll keep this updated as I find more good resources.

Now, to warm up, let's look at some common Chinese translations of non-Chinese vocalsynths! We're on a vocalsynth forum, are we not?
  • 初音未来 (Chūyīn Wèilái)- Hatsune Miku. That one's easy, since it's also the official name of her Chinese voicebank.

• 镜音铃 (Jìngyīn Líng) / 镜音连 (Jìngyīn Lián) / 镜音双子 (Jìngyīn Shuāngzǐ) - Kagamine Rin / Kagamine Len / Kagamine Rin and Len (lit. Kagamine Gemini)

• 巡音流歌 (Xúnyīn Liúgē) - Megurine Luka

• 神威乐步 (Shénwēi Lèbù) - Kamui Gakupo
It's incredibly common for people to post videos using either a character's Japanese name, their last name followed by their first name in all-caps (ex. 初音MIKU), or just just their last name with nothing else. In fact, that's the rule rather than the exception. The above are the only ones I really see used commonly.

Next, some basic terms you'll see and use in many vocalsynth videos:
  • 曲 (Qū) - Song

• 原创 (Yuánchuàng) - Original

• 翻唱 (Fānchàng) - Cover

• 翻调 (Fāndiào) - It means the same thing, though it appears this is meant more for vocal synth covers, while "fānchàng" is more for people singing songs themselves.

• 试听 (Shìtīng) - Demo (though Google will translate it as "Audition." Yes, it sounds kinda like "Shitting.")

• 原作 (Yuánzuò) - Original work. Used to give credit to the creator of a song when posting a cover (ex. 原作: ilem ft. 洛天依 - "Original: ilem ft. Luo Tianyi")

• 调 (Tiáo) - Musical blend/mix (as in, the way vocals in a song sound)

• 调教 (Tiáojiào) - Tuning (Google Translate will tell you it means either "Training" or "Femdom." I assure you, it doesn't. Probably.)

• 混音 (Hǔnyīn) - Audio mixing

What about MMD? How do I credit in Chinese?

Actually, from what I've seen (and I've seen a lot; MMD is very popular on Bili), most credits are given in English. So I wouldn't worry too hard about finding the right thing to say in Chinese, because even Chinese users use English there!

That said, if you WANT to know how to give credit in Chinese, here's what I've found:
  • 模型 (Móxíng) - Model

• 场景 (Chǎngjǐng) - Scene/Stage

• 动画 (Dònghuà) - Animation

• 动作 (Dòngzuò) - Motion
(MMD is not, by any means, an area I'm well-versed in, so if you'd like to know more just ask and I'll do some more research!)

Now, onto some common terms and slang!
  • 2333 - LOL. It's similar to Nico's www. Increasing the number of 3s indicates a heavier laugh (2333: LOL, 2333333333333333: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

• 好听 (Hǎotīng) - "This sounds great!" (lit. "Good listen") The people of Bili are quite friendly, so if you post vocalsynth content, you'll likely see this one a lot.
1585706968221.png
Point in case.​
  • 好棒 (Hǎobàng) - "This is excellent!" (lit. "Good wonderful")

• 挺不错的 (Tǐng bùcuò de) - "This is pretty good!" (lit. "Very not bad")

• 赞 (Zàn) - Like. People might comment the word, but you're more likely to see it when Bili informs you of your videos gaining likes (X 人赞了我的视频 - "X (number of people) liked my video")

• 喜欢 (Xǐhuan) - Another way to say "Like"

• 哇哦 (Waó) - "Wow!"

• 酱 (Jiàng) - Chan/Kun. A loanword from Japanese ("Jiàng" sounds similar to "Chan"), used at the ends of names, often the names of characters one likes (ex. 连酱 - Len-kun)

• 爬 (Pá) - Sichuan dialect word for "Rolling" (lit. "Climb"). Indicates a pleasant, floating, free-moving feeling (爬~爬~爬~ - "Lalala~")

• 单身狗 / 單身狗 (Dānshēn gǒu) - a person who's single, usually not because they want to be (lit. "Single dog"). I don't suppose this one's highly common, but someone (indirectly but very accurately) called me this on one of my videos, and I just think it's great.

• 🍗🍗 - apparently, this is a term of praise for a person who produces something well (给摄影师加鸡腿 - "Give the photographer some chicken legs!") It's usually used for people who produce erotic or seductive content, but given the video I got such a comment on had no sexy content whatsoever, I'd guess it's also just used as a way of saying "You did great! Have some chicken." (Thank you @dreamsbrisk! I've been wondering about that for weeks now.)

• 加油 (Jiāyóu) - "Whoo!" (lit. "to accelerate") It's used to cheer someone on or encourage them, especially for a job well done.

• 可以 (Kěyǐ) - "Pretty good!"

• i了 - "I loved it!" (It's a play on “爱了” (Àile) - "I" and "爱" are pronounced the same.)
Feel free to add on if you've got any! Or if you have some that you're not sure about, mention it and I'll do my best to track the meaning down!

Last edited:

dreamsbrisk

梦镜轻灵
Mar 1, 2020
亚洲
另外,你有一个错误。“爬”其实是“滚”的意思,是中国四川的方言(俚语),"给老子爬"的意思就是"给老子滚"的意思。(其实不用太在意,因为目前这是流行语,并非真的让你滚……他们真的很爱说"爬"。

Reactions: peaches2217

dreamsbrisk

梦镜轻灵
Mar 1, 2020
亚洲
[QUOTE =“ dreamsbrisk,帖子:22736,成员:1823”]
另外,你有一个错误。“爬”其实是“滚”的意思,是中国四川的方言(俚语),“给老子爬”的意思就是“给老子滚”的意思。(其实不用太在意,因为目前这是流行语,并非真的让你滚……他们真的很爱说“爬”。
[/引用]
好吧,我专门去看了御坂美团的那个评论……在那种情况下,应该是好听到在地上打滚的意思……

dreamsbrisk

梦镜轻灵
Mar 1, 2020
亚洲
[QUOTE =“ peaches2217,帖子:22740,成员:1252”]
谢谢!我马上解决。

啊,它与ROFL类似?她在取笑我吗?
[/引用]
没有,她没有在取笑你。那是一个代表动作的字(字母),是因为惬意,所以像婴儿一样滚来滚去。用法类似于"吃~吃~吃~"或者"la~la~la~"

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Model - 模型
Scene - 场景
Animation - 动画
Motion - 动作

That's what I've discovered, though it seems people use English more often than Chinese when giving credits. I'm not sure why, but I'll keep looking into it!

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Model - 模型
Scene - 场景
Animation - 动画
Motion - 动作

That's what I've discovered, though it seems people use English more often than Chinese when giving credits. I'm not sure why, but I'll keep looking into it!
Aah! Thank you so much! (So glad to know I have a slight saving grace when it comes to writing credits since I can just write them in English, lol.)

Sep 21, 2019
I’ve got a question: what do shrimp emojis mean again? Isn’t that a Bili thing? I think I recall some of you trying to solve the mystery of what it means when someone comments ”🦐🦐🦐”…
(I ask because I got a comment on YouTube that had that.)

• Love
Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I’ve got a question: what do shrimp emojis mean again? Isn’t that a Bili thing? I think I recall some of you trying to solve the mystery of what it means when someone comments ”🦐🦐🦐”…
(I ask because I got a comment on YouTube that had that.)
Kazumi this is precious :lapis_lili:

We've been wondering what those chicken leg emojis mean and along the way @cafenurse said we should use shrimp emojis to show support to one another :LOL: Since then some of us have been using it, I think you got comment from one of us :yanhe_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
Kazumi this is precious :lapis_lili:

We've been wondering what those chicken leg emojis mean and along the way @cafenurse said we should use shrimp emojis to show support to one another :LOL: Since then some of us have been using it, I think you got comment from one of us :yanhe_lili:
Lmao. Whoops! Could’ve sworn that was a Bili thing. Now I’m a teensy a bit embarrassed! :LOL:
(from now on shrimp emojis will be my new thing!)

• Haha
Reactions: ___
Sep 21, 2019
Haha. On a less embarrassing note, I found a guide on Chinese slang. It’s not directly related to Bili, but I’m sure at least some of these terms get used!

Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)