• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Complete CeVIO newbie - what should I expect? I jumped in the deep end immediately

hinn

New Fan
Aug 3, 2024
Hey, so I bought the 可不 (KAFU) voicebank & it's being shipped to me from Japan. However, I just realized I don't have a CD drive in my PC.

I traversed the website via Google Translate, and I didn't see an online-only option - I assume it has a CD mainly for commemorative purposes (Japanese collector's norms, etc). The website says that a live internet connection is needed for updates and such, so I'm assuming there's an online download option as long as I have a physically-printed key. ? . ? . ?

I've been looking for information about at LEAST downloading a trial version to prepare myself to use the program when it finally arrives, but I can't traverse the official website - every "starter" option costs yen, "free trial" takes me to a Japanese antivirus page, & what I assume is the program page has big links to some shady "convertor" program.

I notice that there hasn't been any activity in this subforum(?) for a couple years, but the forum in-general seems bustling enough. For the record, I'm not a greenhorn regarding song-synth programs - I'm competent with Vocaloid, UTAU (long ago; I've messed with OpenUTAU), SynthV & VOICEVOX, & I've handled Japanese↔English program-installation-confusion before, so it'll be less like training a 14-year-old at McDonalds, and more like training a ferret owner on taking care of a hedgehog.

Any help is greatly appreciated. You're also free to trash-talk my choice in voicebank. xP

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I don’t believe that CeVio AI has a free trial, but VoiSona (developed by the same company and was originally CeVio Pro) is free and comes with Chis-A’s Japanese vb. I’m not totally sure about the differences in the software. Since you purchased the package version you’ll probably need some sort of external disc drive because it most likely doesn’t come with a download version. Did you buy the starter pack version? It kind of sounds like you bought the voicebank by itself and you’ll need the editor to be able to use Kafu’s vb.

Reactions: hinn

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
CeVIO AI does not have a free trial, but Voisona does. They're different, but similar enough if you'd like to give that a try.

Assuming you've never owned a CeVIO and bought the starter pack (which I believe KAFU only has a physical as a starter), there will likely be a paper inside that'll just direct you here to download the engine itself. You'll input the activation code for the song editor once opening, and KAFU next. The great thing about CeVIO is that if you have an internet connection and an activation code, you don't need the CD. After typing the activation for KAFU, it'll pick up on her not being installed and should prompt you to download and install from there.

Reactions: hinn and WyndReed

hinn

New Fan
Aug 3, 2024
I don’t believe that CeVio AI has a free trial, but VoiSona (developed by the same company and was originally CeVio Pro) is free and comes with Chis-A’s Japanese vb. I’m not totally sure about the differences in the software. Since you purchased the package version you’ll probably need some sort of external disc drive because it most likely doesn’t come with a download version. Did you buy the starter pack version? It kind of sounds like you bought the voicebank by itself and you’ll need the editor to be able to use Kafu’s vb.
Okay, so I got the "starter package" which has both the editor and the voice.

......and now that I'm re-visiting the page, I somehow ENTIRELY MISSED the simple "download version".

CeVIO AI does not have a free trial, but Voisona does. They're different, but similar enough if you'd like to give that a try.

Assuming you've never owned a CeVIO and bought the starter pack (which I believe KAFU only has a physical as a starter), there will likely be a paper inside that'll just direct you here to download the engine itself. You'll input the activation code for the song editor once opening, and KAFU next. The great thing about CeVIO is that if you have an internet connection and an activation code, you don't need the CD. After typing the activation for KAFU, it'll pick up on her not being installed and should prompt you to download and install from there.
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SUCH A RELIEF. I mean, I wasted money on international shipping for the box, but hey, commemoration, amirite?

THANK YOU TWO SO MUCH

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SUCH A RELIEF. I mean, I wasted money on international shipping for the box, but hey, commemoration, amirite?

THANK YOU TWO SO MUCH
Glad to be of help. The boxes are pretty nice though and sometimes come with cool extras. I have boxed versions for most of my vocaloids and it was really nice having them on my shelves at the last house I lived in. I do keep a digital backup of all of the installers and serial codes though.

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)