• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Could somebody tell me a bit more about SynthV?

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
So, I know a pretty good amount about Vocaloid and especially Utau, but I never really got into Synth V. I know that it's another singing synthesizer like the others, that it has a free and a pro version, and I know about a few voicebanks like Eleanor, Kevin, Solaria, etc. I've heard a couple of songs that have used Synth V and I have to admit, it has VERY good English, especially in comparison to other software. But is there anything else that would be good to know, like descriptions of the characters or quirks of the software? I see a lot of you guys talk about it nowadays and I just want to feel caught up. Thank you!

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
The Synth V wiki is a great place to start! The main thing I could see being confusing is the difference between Standard and AI voicebanks:

Standard voicebanks: Recorded in the traditional method Vocaloid and UTAU use, e.g. recording each phoneme and having the program string them together. Not compatible with AI only features, and becoming less supported.

AI voicebanks: Created by training AI to mimic singers, can automatically sing in Chinese, Japanese and English better than can be achieved with phoneme editing; use vocal modes (like appends), and automatic pitch tuning.

Reactions: Ibis

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
Furthermore, differences between the free and pro editors:
Synthesizer V Studio Basic (free):
-only 3 tracks
-cannot use extra AI functions such as vocal modes or cross-lingual synthesis
-can only be used as a standalone like Utau

Synthesizer V Studio Pro (free):
-unlimited tracks
-can use AI functions such as vocal modes and cross-lingual synthesis
-the editor can be used as a standalone like Utau, or a plugin like Piapro Studio

As for the voicebanks:
Lite versions:
-Some voices are available as free versions with less features and lower quality
-For instance, standard lite versions are only one 1 pitch, whereas their full versions are multipitch

Reactions: Ibis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)