• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CVVC Chinese

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hey! So I'm trying to make the plunge and learn CVVChinese (because Haiyi's VP also made a CVVChinese Utau and I Love Her), but the problem is: I can't find any guides to CVVC, at least not any that I can wrap my head around... I can't find any CVVC conversion plugins (the only one I could find is just a bunch of files with no actual application in them).

Basically put: can someone help me? How do I use CVVC Chinese Utaus?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I swear there's a plugin somewhere to help with it, but I can't remember where. There's also a chance that some work with presamp which would save effort too. For the most part they work like a Japanese CVVC voicebank, but since there's a lot more vowels and consonants in Chinese it can get a little funky. I'd recommend checking her oto.ini and seeing what aliases she has, but I would expect something like [fang][fang] to be done as [fang][ang f][fang] without looking at it. You can always check videos of CVVChinese voicebanks if you need ideas? Sorry I can't help more.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
This is a great idea for a thread!!! I'm still learning CVVC myself, but my interest is more towards ENG CVVC. Your right about there not being many CVVC guides, I was surprised there was so little hflfajdkfl what??! maybe all us wannabe CVVC users can come together here and finally learn how properly use it

There's also a chance that some work with presamp which would save effort too.

I've never actually used presamp despite hearing about it EVERYWHERE. all I know is that is can play a CV ust like a CVVC one. hmmm I'll test it out with some eng CVVCs

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I've never actually used presamp despite hearing about it EVERYWHERE. all I know is that is can play a CV ust like a CVVC one. hmmm I'll test it out with some eng CVVCs
I dunno if it'll work too well for English CVVCs since they're a LOT more complex than Japanese or Chinese CVVC, but you can always try. I think there's some new English methods being developed that specifically use it, though.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'd recommend checking her oto.ini and seeing what aliases she has, but I would expect something like [fang][fang] to be done as [fang][ang f][fang] without looking at it.
See, I actually did that! I also watched a video of someone's cover featuring her, but even then I couldn't make heads or tails of it (because the program in the video was zoomed out so far I couldn't see how they handled the transition notes). I figured out a couple of notes, but other than that, nothin'.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
This might be useful to you guys. It's in Chinese but it's an official guide on how to use Risku-style CVVChinese and can be applied to basically all forms of CVVChinese. It should be noted that it does seem Presamp works with most Chinese voicebanks so I recommend trying that first always, it saves a ton of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)