• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Does Hatsune Miku NT work with English and english Speech?

Vergeilen2

New Fan
Dec 1, 2020
I don't know if this is the right section for this.
i don't have the piapro yet, i don't know about v4x, v3, v2.
I understood, V4X has an english Version. But what about Miku NT?
Can you create english Songs? I can't speak the jap Language.
And what about Speech. I saw, it's very difficult to do speech with the program.
But i heard, it should be possible to get english Voice with the right Vowels, Phonetics and Tuning in the Jap version.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Miku NT uses japanese phonetics for the japanese language, intended to speak japanese. With said phonetics, you can arrange them to make her sound like she is speaking english- but the voice doesnt "officially" support english the current voice is just japanese phonetics, no english. You can certainly use her that way- using japanese phonetics to make it sound like english, but it is rather difficult if you have yet to try it and the results will never be as good or similar to a english voice bank with english phonetics.

for "speech" like talking, well theres no miku talk engine/text-to-speech as of right now i think. any "speaking" you hear is done within the same editor for singing, with notes and other parameters (like pitch bend) being used to emulate that sound. similar to what i said above- its hard to achieve easily and the results may not be very good, mostly if its a first attempt at doing it.

if you really really want english and have never made a japanese voice bank speak english, i dont reccomend it, and encourage you to check out Miku English V4 or wait around to see if there will be a new english voice bank produced (as of right now they have not revealed such a thing). if anything i recommend looking into some vocaloid trials. if you havent yet bought a vocaloid and are asking because of that... i beleive the Crypton ones come with a Piapro editor trial and there you can test out their japanese voices and understand how easy or hard it is to get them to speak english.

if you are asking this as a person who has not bought these voices, or has never tried to make a japanese voice speak english, I just...cannot reccomend you go and buy the voice purely off of the idea you may get miku to speak english. theyre meant for japanese and so it will very difficult if you dont already understand how the editor and phonetics works.

Last edited:

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
Like @morrysillusion said, you will probably want the Miku V4X English VB to get started if you want to use only English. (Seriously, use the English VB, I never legit owned Vocaloid but I can say that you will NEED to get the English VB if you want to use English, Japanese VBs are for Japanese only.) Miku NT is for Japanese only, so we will have to wait and see if Crypton decides to release an NT English.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Like @morrysillusion said, you will probably want the Miku V4X English VB to get started if you want to use only English. (Seriously, use the English VB, I never legit owned Vocaloid but I can say that you will NEED to get the English VB if you want to use English, Japanese VBs are for Japanese only.) Miku NT is for Japanese only, so we will have to wait and see if Crypton decides to release an NT English.
i use the japanese banks all the time for english, but its purely for fun and i just dont recommend anyone else does it unless they're very experienced (and in the case of being experienced i bet someone who knows the program well wouldve attempted it themself anyways). ive used japanese banks to speak english in my original songs even, but i still cant recommend it lol. you want english, get an english voice bank! its what theyre meant for and if youre starting somewhere, you gotta start with what is meant to be used the intended way, because its easy to understa.d if you dont understand the basics of english through and english voice you will have a bad time. because its not meant to do that. no one should go into buying a japanese voice planning to do what its not supposed to do, because youll probably be in for a hard time!

Jisenku

womp womp
Nov 17, 2020
idk anymore
jisenku.carrd.co
i use the japanese banks all the time for english, but its purely for fun and i just dont recommend anyone else does it unless they're very experienced (and in the case of being experienced i bet someone who knows the program well wouldve attempted it themself anyways). ive used japanese banks to speak english in my original songs even, but i still cant recommend it lol. you want english, get an english voice bank! its what theyre meant for and if youre starting somewhere, you gotta start with what is meant to be used the intended way, because its easy to understa.d if you dont understand the basics of english through and english voice you will have a bad time. because its not meant to do that. no one should go into buying a japanese voice planning to do what its not supposed to do, because youll probably be in for a hard time!
Flashback to me not knowing that English VBs were a thing (I was really really young) and so I'm trying to make English vocals using Japanese phonetics UwU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)