• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Issue Embedded videos on here are causing my sound card to die?

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure if this is a site issue only myself is experiencing, or if it's actually a hardware issure I need to manually figure out, but this has happened to me twice now on here and it's really bugging me.

Around a couple of weeks ago, my sound card crapped out after watching an embedded video from YouTube on here. Restarting my PC fixed the issue, so I thought it was my PC being weird (I had some much worse update/OS issues at the time, so I thought it was something to do with that). But just tonight, I had the same problem happen after playing an embedded video from Niconico, and I haven't had any more update problems with my computer. Restarting my PC fixed the audio again, but now I'm really confused as to why this is happening to me just on here. I don't go on any other forums right now, so I can't confirm my problem might be a hardware issue that has nothing to do with VV. I'm on Facebook and I browse a Nintendo news site which contains embedded videos, and the problem hasn't occurred on them (yet).

I haven't seen anyone else raise a technical issue about this, so I think it might just be my PC being annoying. (For additional reference, my PC is an Acer Aspire 3 and the OS is Windows 10 version 1909.)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I posted an embedded video on the Synth V forum recently, maybe you could test out clicking it and see if it happens on there also? Or you could try to click around on Reddit to find some embeds.

One suggestion I can think of would be making sure the driver for your sound card is up to date (have to find it in Device Manager).

Also, try playing embedded videos on a different browser to see if the issue is with the one you are currently using. (Recently, Firefox kept making my keyboard get wonked up only in Discord.)

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I posted an embedded video on the Synth V forum recently, maybe you could test out clicking it and see if it happens on there also? Or you could try to click around on Reddit to find some embeds.
I'm currently typing from my mobile, so I'll check that thread and Reddit tomorrow.

One suggestion I can think of would be making sure the driver for your sound card is up to date (have to find it in Device Manager).
That's a good suggestion. I don't think I've had to update the sound card since I bought the laptop. ^^;

Also, try playing embedded videos on a different browser to see if the issue is with the one you are currently using. (Recently, Firefox kept making my keyboard get wonked up only in Discord.)
I have wondered if Firefox had something to do with it, so I could test Microsoft Edge or download Chrome and see if the problem replicates itself there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)