• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Favorite and least favorite voicebanks from each generation

Mr_Meester

In a commited relationship with Miku
Dec 31, 2022
US of A
Hey all! I wanted to hear your opinions on your favorite and least favorite voicebanks! This can be based off of anything, like design, voice quality, ease of use, etc. These can be updates and ports. Without further ado, let's get started!!
My opinions:

V1:
Favorite - Miriam
Least Favorite: Meiko

V2:
Favorite: Megurine Luka (JPN)
Least Favorite: SONiKA

V3: Favorite: Megpoid English
Least Favorite: Gachapoid

V4:
Favorite: Dex
Least Favorite: Hatsune Miku V4 English

V5:
Favorite: VY2
Least Favorite: Chris

V6:
Favorite: Allen
Least Favorite: Po-uta

What do you guys think? Do you disagree or agree? What're your favorites and least favorites?

Reactions: Twillby

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
V1:
Favorite: Miriam
Least favorite: Meiko

V2:
Favorite: Megurine Luka JP
Least favorite: Lily

V3:
Favorite: AVANNA
Least favorite: Clara

V4:
Favorite: Miku V4X Original
Least favorite: DAINA (I love Zero-G hence AVANNA being one of my favorites, I'm just not a huge fan of her tone I guess)

V5:
Favorite: Ken
Least favorite: Kaori

V6:
Favorite: AI Megpoid
Least favorite: Fuiro

Note: Some of these I don't actually hate/dislike significantly, I just like them less than the others :yohioloid_lili:

Last edited:

Granata

*Luna fan number one
Jul 30, 2022
Out of fairness reasons I will only go with synths who had their debut in each gen

V1
Fav: MEIKO
Least fav: LEON

V2
Fav: VY1
Least fav: Hiyama Kiyoteru

V3
Fav: Yuezheng Ling
Least fav: kokone

V4
Fav: Cyber Songman
Least fav: Arsloid

V5
Fav: Ken
Least fav: Meika Hime

V6 (so far)
Fav: Akito
Least fav: Sarah

Edit: bonus corner

Cevio Creative Studio:
Fav: ONE
Least fav: Midorizaki Kasumi

Cevio AI
Fav: Reml
Least fav: Rosa

VoiSona
Fav: MYK-II
Least fav: Kirune

Last edited:

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
V1:
Fav: MEIKO
Least fav: LEON

V2:
Fav: Nekomura Iroha
Least fav: Big Al

V3:
Fav: SeeU
Least fav: Yohioloid

V4:
Fav: VY1v4
Least fav: Dex + Daina (it's a tie)

V5:
Fav: Meika Hime
Least fav: Ken

V6 (so far):
Fav: Otomachi Una
Least fav: Fuiro

Reactions: Granata

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
V1
Favorite: Miriam
Least favorite: Hmmm... hard to say, but I guess if I really had to pick... I guess Meiko. I feel bad because I like her, but I think I prefer Lola over her slightly.

V2
Favorite: Iroha V2. I don't know why but for some reason, to me, Iroha's voice works the best with the V2 engine sound. Iroha's the only Vocaloid I've willingly spent time using the V2 engine for XP
Least favorite: I guess Gachapoid. I'm just not his target audience, and his update helped him sound better I think. I'm pretty sure most if not all the good Gacha uses I've heard use his upgrade.

V3
Favorite: NOOO SO MANY GOOD ONES... But I guess Yukari. Or Merli. I like how deep they can go. (I LOVE YOU TOO ANON)
Least favorite: I guess I'll say Macne Nana because I was salty about how she lost the tone I liked in her other banks sdjfls (I know it was probably unavoidable but still) (also her V3 English design was... kind of cringe imho :teto_lili: )

V4
Favorite: Cyber Songman. I just like his tone more or less. (Iroha and Kiyoteru V4 for best upgrades even though I don't like Iroha Soft's design XP)
Least favorite: Arsloid or Unity-chan. For a couple of reasons.

V5
Favorite: Sora, I suppose. Though I like Mikoto too.
Least favorite: (Unpopular opinion alert possibly XP but) Ken. IDK, he just didn't speak to me the way he seemed to for a lot of the fandom. I remember he was EVERYWHERE compared to the other starters sdjkl

V6 as of now
Favorite: It's close, but I guess I'm going to say... Fuiro. Granted this is largely going off of one very memorable cover so. This may change the more I listen to V6 djks
Least favorite: Super torn about this one. Voice wise I'm not suuuper thrilled with Po-uta but I do appreciate what they were going for I guess, plus I like his design... But if I include upgrades, I'm kind of mad about Wil's redesign and lack of rerecord even if I think the port sounds alright sdjfkldsf (so basically ZOLA is technically my least favorite upgrade I guess)

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Oh, this seems fun

V1: Meiko is def the favourite<3 I’m not a fan of her v3 or nt, but her v1 vb is really giving. Least favourite is probably Leon. I tbh just don’t like male vbs in most cases hehe

V2: Going to crypton, my favourite is Len Act1. I like both Lens but Act1 sounds a little more fun. The least favourite has to be Lily for me. She kinda sounds like an xsy of Gakupo and Pico.

V3: it’s ofc Tianyi, no explanation is needed. My least favourite is Lily native, but since it’s basically the same vb as Lily from V2, and Lily

V3 isn’t too different either, I’d say that my least favourite V3 is…. Yohioloid? Not really that I hate him, but he sounds like he always has his clearness in max.

V4: My favourite vb here is once again, Tianyi V4 Meng, but since it’s a port of her og V3 I’ll choose Unity-Chan. She’s very fun to use, and is super expressive. My least favourite v4 will have to be…. Cyber Songman? Once again, I don’t dislike him, but he seems rather boring to me.

V5: Tianyi V5 Meng hehehe… but since she’s also a port of her V3, I’ll choose Tianyi Wan. This vb is a newly recorded append that is like Tianyi, but more relaxed and soft. The least favourite will have to be Chris. He just sounds weird to me.

V6 (so far): My favourite will have to be Fuiro. She has so much charm in her. And the least favourite is Sarah or Allen. Still haven’t decided which one of them I like less.

VX-B (so far): Ik that rn we only heard demos, but my favourite is Kazehiki. I always liked Kazehiki, and I remember how sad I was when I found out that his utau vbs were temporarily discontinued. And my least favourite vb for now is Gazen. He sounds like he had normal and shouting singing data fed to him, so he mostly sings in a normal tone but sometimes has those unnecessary growls? It’s just super weird.

And now to a few other mainstream singing engines!

CCS:My favourite there will have to be either Kasumi or Minato, I still haven’t decided. And my least favourite CCS vb is probably Yuudai. He sounds super muffled, like he doesn’t have enough data.

CAI (so far): RIME. I love her sooooo much 😭. And least favourite is Rose. I don’t like how she sounds at all.

VS (so far): Facourite voisona is Chis-A! I a lot of the times forget about her, but she sounds super pretty. And least favourite is AiSuu? I don’t dislike AiSuu, but she also seems rather boring in comparison to other vbs on the engine.

ACE (so far): I’ll group all of it’s iterations into 1. I think u guessed that my favourite bc there is again Tianyi. I just can’t escape her. And least favourite….. will have to be one of the 3 vbs from the Rock collection. Once again, just not a fan of male vbs.

SV (so far): I’ll group r1 and r2 into 1. My favourite is for sure Haiyi. She sounds so cheerful ! Least favourite has to be Kevin. He’s actually probably my least favourite vb in all of synthesis lol.

sorry for any grammatical mistakes that are here hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)