• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite Memory from a Messed-Up Time

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
This is an idea I've had for maybe a week or so: with how messed-up everything has been for the last few months, I thought it might be fun to talk about what our favorite memories from this ongoing time have been. I guess we'll go back to whenever the COVID virus started impacting you--since that could be different for everyone, there's no definite start date.

The only real rule for the thread (outside of the usual site ones) is that the topic(s) you discuss must be something that genuinely made you happy (rather than something facetious/sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek/etc.).

The time that comes to mind for me was sometime before I started work on my song contest entry (which I gave most of my free time to between then and the deadline). I was being serious about studying a music theory book at the time (have been getting back into that, or at least related studies since), so I'd spend as long as I could in the evenings reading it with a notepad in my lap for notes. I have one of those Miku noodlestopper figures sitting across the room, and every once in awhile I'd look up at her in the soft light of the only lamp I had turned on and think that this would all eventually lead to me making something decent someday.

When I wasn't studying theory, I was often reading Percy Jackson. I remember on one particular night, when I couldn't take theory anymore, snacking on pretzels and peanuts while venturing into Auntie Em's Statuary Emporium (or something like that), with the hyper-realistic sculptures, Grover's flying shoes, and another of Percy and Annabeth's frequent little spats.

Last edited:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
This is a cool idea!

I guess for me it's a couple of good things.

First was a few weeks ago where my family celebrated my brother's high school graduation. Ofc he was kinda bummed out that he couldn't have a proper ceremony and stuff. So we made him a cake and had a little barbeque out in the porch. That has to be the best batch of meat I've had so far. So good...

Another one was way before that, where my family and I huddled together in the living room watching movies until midnight. With those two memories to me, it felt nice knowing we could spend quality time together, with my dad not worrying about work, or my brother and I worrying about school. It felt like nothing else mattered.

Speaking of movies, I've been watching a lot of movies from the 30s and 80s. During this quarantine, I've learned that vintage movies and music have become a huge comfort item to me. I even came up a whole vocal synth AU taking place in the 80s! I also remember a couple of days ago, where I was up late watching a docufilm about one of my new favorite singers, Paul Anka (really great btw). After seeing that film one or two more times, I immediately had the motivation to write a poem about him. I finished writing it two days later.

Gralydig

Just a chill dude, doing his thing.
Oct 8, 2018
Chicago
I was walking near downtown in Chicago and as you know there's been some riots and quite a bit of racial tension recently. But as I was strolling through what seemed like a warzone I saw a fully geared riot police officer shaking hands with a black protestor. This made me feel pretty happy to see that two different people who are supposed to be butting heads with each other cooperating with each other. I wish I had taken a snapshot or something because it was a little moving.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I talked to my twin and we both agreed that buying Final Fantasy 7 Remake was the best thing that happened to us during quarantine. The game is so exciting and so hilarious, we normally only play video games for like 20 minute chunks, but can play this for a few hours per day and it really makes you forget your troubles for a while. The plot is mysterious despite having played FF7 before, so it gives you something to look forward to, as well. I really like how Cloud can make a whole town like him based on what you decide to do in the game, and I appreciate the cheering and confetti from NPCs.

Another thing I can think of is that powering through and learning how to make my first couple Voiceroid videos (despite the huge list of setbacks I had with software) was extremely fulfilling and oddly fun. I want to make more after I finish organizing the files on my computer. I really want to make my own artwork for Voiceroid, too, that would make it even more fun.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
Ive showed up to a lot of the black lives matter protest and found a lot of my friebds their that i haven't seen since quarentine. I missed them a lot, so it was nice to see them again

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
Walking into a second-hand store and finding that cute lace skirt that I first saw at a Uniqlo store 2 years ago, but passed up the chance to buy (more times than I can count) because I was so obsessed with saving money. It was just like new, exactly my size, and absolutely dirt-cheap... so this time I couldn't resist the chance to snap it up. It's something really trivial but it still brought a smile to my face in this admittedly messed-up time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)