• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource Free DAWs that are as good as paid ones to start making music.

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Tracktion now released a free version of Tracktion Waveform that replaces their old Tracktion T7 offering !
it is like tracktion t7 a really good free option that is cross platform and allows vsts etc for free.
compared to tracktion t7, they seem this time to include a 4 oscillators synth and a drum kit vst, I don't know how good they are but it's kinda nice
The main bad side though is that now tracktion t7 cannot be obtained unless you already claimed it before, it is a bad news mostly to 32 bits users as waveform only has 64 bits builds

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Sorry for the dumb question, but do you know how to open the mixer panels? The only tutorial I could find said to hit Ctrl+M or click a certain button, but the button doesn't show up for me and Ctrl+M won't work. I'm sorry!!

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Sorry for the dumb question, but do you know how to open the mixer panels? The only tutorial I could find said to hit Ctrl+M or click a certain button, but the button doesn't show up for me and Ctrl+M won't work. I'm sorry!!
On what daw and what OS ?

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Honestly, the interface is a bit confusing, but it's not bad once you get used to it! I managed to find the full user's manual, and so far I don't have any major complaints. Piapro runs smoothly in it.
Yeah, I myself found it a bit confusing at first.

For me its main strength is really how it can run anywhere, even on Linux, which is really good. The daws that can do that are rare

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Ooh, that IS a major plus! I didn't think about that. I can say it runs well on Windows; it loads quickly and is highly responsive, which is my main complaint against Studio One (it takes FOREVER to load and tends to make everything else on your computer run slower while it's open). I'm gonna experiment with it some more!

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
1585056475592.png
It also properly recognizes all Linux VSTs and we can use WIndows VSTs on Linux by using CARLA VST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)