• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Tutorial Galaco Talk Installation Guide

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hello everyone! I am finally getting around to moving over guides from Vocaloid Amino over here. The first of these guides is my guide to Galaco Talk's installation.

If you don't know what Galaco Talk is, it is a TTS software bundled with copies of Galaco (or Galaco NEO if you prefer, for differentiation from Galaco Prize Ver.) that runs on the AITalk engine. It was believed previously that this software could only be installed and run on Japanese versions of Windows only, and while true, there is a "workaround" similar to needing to change your locale to use UTAU.

Firstly, if you install and run Galaco Talk on a non-Japanese computer, you will instantly recieve an error reading Galaco Talk is only compatible with Japanese computers. You will need to change a couple settings in your computer to make Galaco Talk run, and in the process, will ultimately have your computer in Japanese, so I only recommend doing this if you are the only user of your PC.
Once you have purchased Galaco, feel free to install and activate her Vocaloid voice library, but do not touch Galaco Talk. If you have, you will need to uninstall it for the time being. Before installing Galaco Talk, you will need to change some settings to mimic a Japanese computer, as the setting are what Galaco Talk actually looks for.

For the first step of this, and corresponding to mentioning UTAU earlier, you'll need to change your locale to Japanese. I won't go into many details on this as you can find many tutorials on how to do it, but it can be done in your setting under Language, Region, and Clock. Do not user AppLocale, you will need to actually change the locale in your computer's settings.

Secondly, you will want to change your local region/country to Japan. If you are using Windows 10, this will turn off Cortana, but that should be the only change. Your time one and date shouldn't change, and they don't need to be changed for this.

Now, the big step. This will change your computer interface into Japanese. Start off by downloading the Japanese language pack if you don't already have it. With this, you can type in Japanese. It defaults to the Latin characters we are used to, but can be changed to kana/kanji characters. You can type in romaji and select the interpretation you'd like to use as you type.
Then select your Japanese language pack and set it to default, You should be prompted to restart your computer after this, but if not, restart. When your PC is back up, you'll notice your display language is now Japanese.

Installation and Activation

Now it's time to install and activate Galaco Talk. Run through the installer like you normally would. After this is done, you can open the program. A message will pop up, it's asking if you'd like to activate your product, you will select はい(Y) and be prompted to put in your activation code. After this is done, you have successfully installed and activated Galaco Talk!

Please note, after this, you may change your display language back to English BUT you will need to have it in Japanese in order to run Galaco Talk. You CAN swtich it to Japanese only when you want to user her however, and it will not affect the software as long as she is activated.

If you, for whatever reason, skipped my instruction at the beginning and changed all your settings after she has been installed on your computer in English, you're out of luck again. You will recieve an error that she is not activated and will only be able to activate her with those settings changed before installation.

Keep in mind, just as this mimics a Japanese computer different from yours, some software licenses will not recognize your computer until you change the settings (namely display language) back. One software I know of that does this is Studio ONe. So if you plan to keep your computer in Japanese after this, keep that in mind.

That's it! Thank you for reading and I hope this can help anyone.
If you're interested, you can read my original guide here: Guide to Galaco Talk: Installation | Vocaloid Amino

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)