• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Getting the most out of a free trial

Noise

New Fan
Apr 29, 2021
I plan to get a free trial for v4 english Miku. To make the most out of the time I have it, I'd like to ask about some things I need to do to prepare before I download it.

I have GarageBand but I'm kind of clumsy with it still. I don't think I want to worry about instruments / actual music right now though, I just want to focus on practicing to tune the vocaloid itself. How do you get the vocaloid to function with whatever studio you have in order to properly use it? I'm not very tech savvy and want to know how to get those things to work before I download the free trial so time isn't wasted trying to figure it out.

I know there's a resources page for tips and how to use the vocaloids themselves so I'm not going to ask about that, but if anyone has any feedback or opinions on what you should do first with a free trial in order to best learn the basics / make the most out of it, I'd really appreciate hearing that too. Thanks in advance!

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
I don't have much experience in english vb, But suggest you try to download already exist vsq file, import it, and get the sound out of your speaker once you hit play,
and just have fun playing around.

Last edited:

Noise

New Fan
Apr 29, 2021
I don't have much experience in english vb, But suggest you try to download already exist vsq file, import it, and get the sound out of your speaker once you hit play,
and just have fun playing around.
What's a vsq?

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
What's a vsq?
You can call it "save files" but when you search elsewhere you need to put a keyword like vsq, vsqx, ust, midi. to help improve the google search algorithm.

Noise

New Fan
Apr 29, 2021
Alright, I downloaded the free trial and installed both PiaPro and Miku. This may be a dumb question, but I'm not really sure how to.. open them? (I'm able to use Garageband or the free version of Studio One 5 Prime as my DAW, by the way)

Last edited:

Noise

New Fan
Apr 29, 2021
I'm specifically looking for help on how to open PiaPro on GarageBand or (free) Studio One 5 Prime.

Last edited:

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
I'm specifically looking for help on how to open PiaPro on GarageBand or (free) Studio One 5 Prime.
I'm afraid that Studio one Prime can not use 3rd plugins due to limitation of the prime version, since Piapro studio count as Plugins cats.jpg
But you can still use Piapro as standalone software and export the audio files from piapro and import it into Studio one prime that way.

About GarageBand they're mac base sotfware (a mini logic pro), it's use their own developed file format (Audio Units or AU for short) rather than VST or VSTi but it generally call a plugin, it's look like this. (click at the picture for full image)
cats.jpg
Where are third-party Audio Units plug-ins installed on Mac?
generally it should be here. /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

after you install vocaloid and piapro you should get a PiaproStudio component.
But still, as i said before, You can still use Piapro as standalone software and export the audio files from piapro and import it into your DAW that way.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Were you ever able to get this figured out? It's been a while since I used Piapro on Mac, but I remember I had to install Miku and Piapro separately and then had to update Piapro before it'd load in Garageband! (the link to the updater is on the forum somewhere, iirc.)
Also, if that doesn't solve your issue, may I ask what version of OSX you're running? I haven't ever used Piapro on Catalina or Big Sur, so I don't know if it's usable if you're using either of those versions.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm afraid that Studio one Prime can not use 3rd plugins due to limitation of the prime version, since Piapro studio count as Plugins
cats.jpg

But you can still use Piapro as standalone software and export the audio files from piapro and import it into Studio one prime that way.
If I've understood correctly, Noise is trying to get Miku V4 working. The only versions of Miku that have a standalone Piapro are V4 Chinese and NT, so unless they're working in Chinese, they're likely limited to using Piapro as a plugin. Unless Mac somehow lets you run VSTs by themselves?

As IO+ mentioned, though, Studio One Prime doesn't support VSTs, but Garageband might still be an option.

Reactions: IO+

Noise

New Fan
Apr 29, 2021
Were you ever able to get this figured out? It's been a while since I used Piapro on Mac, but I remember I had to install Miku and Piapro separately and then had to update Piapro before it'd load in Garageband! (the link to the updater is on the forum somewhere, iirc.)
Also, if that doesn't solve your issue, may I ask what version of OSX you're running? I haven't ever used Piapro on Catalina or Big Sur, so I don't know if it's usable if you're using either of those versions.
Sorry I haven't checked back on this thread! Yes, I got it working. PiaPro showed up as a plugin on GarageBand, and Miku was already in the program. I was just having a hard time finding it.

Reactions: mobius017

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Sorry I haven't checked back on this thread! Yes, I got it working. PiaPro showed up as a plugin on GarageBand, and Miku was already in the program. I was just having a hard time finding it.
Installing and finding it is the hardest part. From there, it's all smooth sailing. Best of luck to you!

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Glad to hear that, have a marvelous time producing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)