• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Gimme Your Critiques on My Happy Synthesizer Cover!

Sep 21, 2019
So, I want to go back and remaster my old Happy Synthesizer cover and I'd like to get some opinions on what could stand to be improved in the cover! That's, uh, all I really have to say! :clara_ani_lili:
(I know the mixing needs a lot of work!)

Any tips and critiques are highly appreciated! :sukonetei_smile_lili:

Reactions: AALLF

nalondollie

the-ghost-of-a-cyber-princess
So, I want to go back and remaster my old Happy Synthesizer cover and I'd like to get some opinions on what could stand to be improved in the cover! That's, uh, all I really have to say! :clara_ani_lili:
(I know the mixing needs a lot of work!)

Any tips and critiques are highly appreciated! :sukonetei_smile_lili:

I feel like overall, this is still pretty good! The video is really cute and Tei's voice sounds lovely! I feel like the only things I saw in it that could be improved is Len's tuning and the Tei model. I do not own or operate the Vocaloid software, I just know how things sound to me haha but I feel his voice could be more...crisp? What comes to my mind is what pitch snap can do to a vocal but understand I'm somewhat illiterate when it comes to the working of the software. When it comes to Tei's model, there seemed to be a shadow of cat ears on her head from a slider I guess (?) but that's being a little nitpicky.

Aside from those little things though, this cover still holds up in my opinion! I hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Tei sounds really great; I think Len is the weaker of the two here. Whereas Tei sounds cute and upbeat, Len sounds a little flat and bored. He's also a tad too quiet I feel. I also think that while Tei's vocals are clear, Len's sound muffled- I agree with nalondollie that he could sound more crisp.
I look forward to hearing the updated version! :lapis_ani_lili:

• Love
Sep 21, 2019
I feel like overall, this is still pretty good! The video is really cute and Tei's voice sounds lovely! I feel like the only things I saw in it that could be improved is Len's tuning and the Tei model. I do not own or operate the Vocaloid software, I just know how things sound to me haha but I feel his voice could be more...crisp? What comes to my mind is what pitch snap can do to a vocal but understand I'm somewhat illiterate when it comes to the working of the software. When it comes to Tei's model, there seemed to be a shadow of cat ears on her head from a slider I guess (?) but that's being a little nitpicky.

Aside from those little things though, this cover still holds up in my opinion! I hope this helps!
Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it!!
You really are right, Len needs to be more crisp because he does sound flat! I’ll have to play around with things a bit and see what I can do!
Also, I’m glad you pointed out the cat ears shadow! That’s a glitch(?) caused by an effect I use which is luckily for me, fixable, but I always forget to fix it! :clara_ani_lili:
Tei sounds really great; I think Len is the weaker of the two here. Whereas Tei sounds cute and upbeat, Len sounds a little flat and bored. He's also a tad too quiet I feel. I also think that while Tei's vocals are clear, Len's sound muffled- I agree with nalondollie that he could sound more crisp.
I look forward to hearing the updated version! :lapis_ani_lili:
Thank you, too, for the feedback! I’m surprised he ended up sounding so weak, lol! I’ll try adjusting the clearness of his voice, and fixing the muffled issue shouldn’t be too difficult given I have a much better DAW now.
(Turns out Adobe Audition was not my friend, lol!)

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
It sounds really good to me! As far as the mix, I don't really have much advice that isn't nit-picky or just personal preference. I'm curious, when you say remaster, do you want to take the whole stereo audio file mix-down and apply processing over it in your DAW, or can you go back in the mix itself with the individual tracks and tweak it? What DAW do you use now? I like talking about these kinds of things :LOL:

Sep 21, 2019
It sounds really good to me! As far as the mix, I don't really have much advice that isn't nit-picky or just personal preference. I'm curious, when you say remaster, do you want to take the whole stereo audio file mix-down and apply processing over it in your DAW, or can you go back in the mix itself with the individual tracks and tweak it? What DAW do you use now? I like talking about these kinds of things :LOL:
Thanks! I'm gad you say it sounds good!
I like talking about these DAWs and mixng, too, so here I go with my ramble, haha! :teto_lili:

When I say remaster, I mean I'll be redoing the entire cover from the very beginning, which means I'll be tuning the vocals all over again and then once those are finished, I'll be doing the mixing all over again!

The DAW I like using now is Garageband. The EQ is really good (a lot like FL's; good visual EQs are hard to come by for me, haha) and while the compressor is a bit bare-bones, it does a good job for me! Though, sometimes I'll dabble in Studio One if I need more options for effects. (Garageband's one drawback is that it can't use anything besides AU plugins, so I'm a bit limited in what I can add to it!)
(I also like Garageband's interface a lot because it's very clean and basic looking, so there's not a lot of on-screen clutter!)

Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Awesome. I use Reason 7 for everything, and I just import the Vocaloid audio and record my guitar straight in. I need to upgrade to V5 one day, so I can really delve into the nitty gritty with the tuning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)