• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Gonna say this once and only once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
How the actual hell do you uses that damn charasis or whatever the hell it's called because Rioki Skyzure isn't a normal screamo voicebank and Maiko, Kumi, and Ruko sound like ass trying to make them scream with their screamo voicebanks

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
There's not a whole lot of information about making vocal synth characters scream (especially in English). Here are some resources, though:

1: I translated the official pages/tutorial videos for Charsiesis and another VST called VocaScreamer on this page (labeled as method 2 and 3):

2: Here are two tutorial videos by producers on their methods:

Shows how they use Charsiesis right away

They use Charsiesis about 1 min in

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Did you try any of the other methods that I have listed on that Resource like VocaScreamer VST or KeroVee VST? (Also, I don't use UTAU hardly ever so I don't really understand, but can't you turn down breath?)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
(Also, I don't use UTAU hardly ever so I don't really understand, but can't you turn down breath?)
Yeah, you can turn down breath in UTAU, and I strongly advise that one doesn’t turn the breathiness up to 100 (tends to make the voicebanks sound rather bad).
Also screamo VBs need more special attention and editing than your average vb. My suggestion is to use Moresampler and then set the “u” flag on the screamo parts.

Reactions: uncreepy

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
This is just a suggestion: I haven't used Charasis before but honestly, in my experience you can create a scream/growl out of most UTAU voicebanks without having to use any outside software, special resamplers or flags. This is a method I use quite a bit and works for me so maybe it'll be of some help to you!

-----

My first tip would be to remove the bre flag completely since breath flags can make scream notes and high notes just sound awful in general.

So if the voicebank you're using doesn't have any sort of specific scream/growl, you can try using a really fast vibrato on the note you want to scream. On the note, right click and go to Pitch > and check vibrato, I usually set the cycle somewhere around 12 ~ 20ms, and press enter (clicking okay will set the cycle to it's default lowest, 64) The lower the more fast or scream-y the note will sound. I've learned not every cycle number sounds great with every voicebank so you might have to play around with the cycle settings to find a number that sounds good. Then to amplify the scream usually turn the depth all the way up to 200 cents (max). For reference this is how I got a scream on Ruko's male power bank when not using his B4 or Strain pitch.
1596463468012.png

Outside of that, I then play around with flags (a lot of times the scream is fine as is) if the scream or growl needs fixing.

Also you mentioned trying to make Ruko scream, so I'm gonna assume you meant their male power bank? I guess my tips here are that his B4 pitch is something I'd almost consider a scream pitch except there are a few phonemes in the pitch that don't have any strain on them like the rest do, so if the note you're trying to get a scream out of doesn't have strain most phonemes in B4 have: Either do the above vibrato trick, or use their Strain CV voicebank, which was actually made to be used with their power bank! If you haven't already installed it, it's here and it's the 3rd one down. and if you have any questions about how to install it to get it to work alongside their power VCV you can PM me.

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
Ruko has a CV death append. This is the UTAU I'm trying to use
He hasn't been updated since 2017 and everyone is trying to get me to force his creator to record a screamo voicebank but it's not going to work well with Scythe weasel

Okay now I just want to scream at this point because everything isn't making sense and the damn cover was supposed to be made last night but Charasis wanted to be a fucking pussy and delete the audio for the screams

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
If you haven't already did you try what I suggested earlier about making voices scream using just the UTAU engine (without the need for plugins/outside software)? That's the only way I can help ;;

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
People have genuinely tried to help you. Sometimes things just don’t work out. That’s the nature of software, especially one as flexible and variable as UTAU. You don’t need to be so rude about it.

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
People have genuinely tried to help you. Sometimes things just don’t work out. That’s the nature of software, especially one as flexible and variable as UTAU. You don’t need to be so rude about it.
I have been trying to get this shit done for almost a whole month and have to deal with people telling me I'm too [redacted by a moderator] to use the program

Last edited by a moderator:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I have been trying to get this shit done for almost a whole month and have to deal with people telling me I'm too r******* to use the program
No one is saying such a thing, no one here at least. People have just been giving various suggestions and none of them have quite worked. No one’s making accusations, and this is no one’s fault. It’s just an unfortunate situation.

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
No one is saying such a thing, no one here at least. People have just been giving various suggestions and none of them have quite worked. No one’s making accusations, and this is no one’s fault. It’s just an unfortunate situation.
I was told that on the last discord server I asked that apparently specialized in doing things with plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)