• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Digital Stars 2020 Japan Tour

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Japan is getting Digital Stars DJ live tour in May!

I just happened to stumble on this tweet today:

Official website
Locations are:

Sapporo
5/15 18:00-22:00
Sound Lab Mole

Fukuoka
5/17 15:00-19:00
Livehouse & Club PEACE

Osaka
5/22 18:00-22:00
amHALL

Tokyo
5/23 15:00-19:00
SOUND MUSEUM VISION

The ad says check @mikuexpo_jp for additional info, which is the 2016 Miku Expo Japan Tour account, as as of now there's no info there. The ad is from a Snow Miku 2020 leaflet I believe. Waiting for an official announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpg_cv01

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Digistars 2020 compilation CD announced, the setlist consists of event theme song by colate and remixes of past Miku Expo songs. Jacket art by apapico.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ooh, wow, Clean Tears is getting on here! AFAIK, he hasn't been included in an event set list before.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Sapporo DJs:

-DJ'TEKINA//SOMETHING a.k.a Yuyoyuppe
-BIGHEAD
-callasoiled
-RoughSketch
-Aqu3ra
-kaputt

VJ:
-sada

Fukuoka DJs:

-HachiojiP
-tilt-six
-yuzen
-Clean Tears
-Virtual neko
-haru

VJ:
-PicoPicoHammer

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Osaka DJs:

-emon(Tes.)
-ATOLS
-Tomggg
-Sober Bear
-Batsu
-DJ Rin*

VJ:
-Yoshi

Tokyo DJs:

-colate
-emon(Tes.)
-ZANIO
-LADY'S ONLY
-NGHTHYP
-KOTONOHOUSE
-HokBoy
-Alpaca
-5u5h1
-Osanzi
-Arukuhito
-Yanagamiyuki

VJ
-KITUNE
-apapico

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Unfortunately the Digital Stars Japan Tour has been postponed due to the threat of spreading coronavirus. Likewise, the CD release has also been delayed. New dates haven't been decided yet.

• Sad
Reactions: mobius017

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Do you guys think it's possible or even likely that other Miku events will be postponed/cancelled? Like Magical Mirai in August?
I have my flight booked and I am sure it is/will be the same for many international visitors especially, meaning that would be a big disaster.
I know health/safety is most important but I hope they wouldn't go to such drastic measure if there is just a really slow risk (there always is and always will be no matter where you go).

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Some fans have expressed concern that if things go worse the Miku × Kodo concert in June could be affected too, but I don't know. Digital Stars is a club event, where I imagine the risk would be higher than in a normal concert.

For Magical Mirai it's impossible to say anything for now. Mirai is such an important event that CFM probably wouldn't cancel or change the dates so easily. There's no way of telling how the coronavirus situation will develop. I think Mirai would only be affected if there's a large epidemy outbreak in Japan.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Do you guys think it's possible or even likely that other Miku events will be postponed/cancelled? Like Magical Mirai in August?
I have my flight booked and I am sure it is/will be the same for many international visitors especially, meaning that would be a big disaster.
I know health/safety is most important but I hope they wouldn't go to such drastic measure if there is just a really slow risk (there always is and always will be no matter where you go).
I wouldn't worry too much yet. August is a long way away. But then again, I've heard that there's a possibility, based on other viruses/outbreaks (different kinds of flu), that there could be a second wave in the spread of the illness...and I thought it would be in summer.

I get where you're coming from--I'm concerned, too, since the US/Canada Expo starts in about 3 months. But at the same time, looking at it from a longer-term viewpoint, I don't want Miku to be associated with several hundred/thousand people who got sick and/or died. She doesn't exist to make people suffer. And if they continued when that concern was present, and people suffered for it, it would be irresponsible and, depending on motive, even selfish. So, for as much as I'd be really, heartachingly disappointed, if they cancel because they think there's that concern , I'll think they've done the right thing.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
also some theme parks in Japan are shutting down, and some media events (like one recent in Yokohama) have been cancelled.
and this is happening also outside Japan, for example the famous Mobile World Congress for the first time in hitory has been cancelled, and Sony has announced that it'll skip PAX East, Game Developers Conference and E3 2020 due to concerns of this coronavirus outbreak.
Some are drastic measures, but necessary for both health and economy.

and the timing of today is because this recent decision of the governement:

Japan's health minister says the government is asking event organizers to review the necessity of their events to help prevent a further spread of the new coronavirus outbreak.

Katsunobu Kato called for cooperation at a news conference on Thursday.

He said the need is for organizers to check on the ongoing spread of the coronavirus and the conditions of their event sites.

The minister also said the government at present is not asking for an across-the-board restraint.

He added that the government will appropriately review the holding of events in light of future transmissions and the degree of severity.
about Magical Mirai 2020, it is still too early to know, things can get better or worse, nobody knows, but things can change. Even the Olympics games could be cancelled, some upcoming sports events have been scaled down or moved/cancelled

the organizers have decided to scale down one of four Paralympic test events due to the spread of the new coronavirus. The three-day boccia test event, scheduled to start next Friday, will not be held in the form of an international event. Instead, only some Japanese athletes will take part and there will be no spectators.
Nakaminami stressed the need to take special precautions as some Paralympic athletes have cardiorespiratory impairments.
He said he believes individual athletes will receive proper care from their team staff and indicated that the organizing committee will focus on general hygiene management.
Nakaminami also said the organizing committee will work with relevant organizations to continue preparations for the Games for the sake of the athletes who have spent the past four years training.
it will also depends on the travel bans about China, because in the past years, there were many chinese people who attended Magical Mirai.
and it doesn't help that Magical Mirai is an event that takes place in a closed building (both exhibition and concert) and the sales of goods and foods is something to be concerned. and there are many families and children..
but like last autumn, when Crypton cancelled one important event in Kyoto due to a strong typhoon, remember these words "safety comes first". For any future decision, please understand Crypton measures.

(one positive thing is that the warmer temperatures of spring and summer should help to fight the virus, but it is still early to know)

this is the official Crypton statement about the planned future events:

このような事態となり非常に残念ではございますが、何卒ご理解賜りますようお願い申し上げます。
なお、当面は本件に限らず今後予定しております各種企画に関しましても、ご来場されるファンの皆様の健康と安全を第一とし、状況に応じて都度判断させていただきますことをご了承いただけますと幸いです。
引き続き、関係者一同、イベント開催に向けて尽力して参りますので、何卒よろしくお願い申し上げます。
クリプトン・フューチャー・メディア株式会社

We are very sorry for this situation, but we ask for your understanding.
For the time being, it is important to note that the health and safety of the fans coming to the venue will be the first priority, and that decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis in regard to various projects planned in the future, not limited to this case. We are grateful if you can understand this situation.
We look forward to your continued participation in the event, and we look forward to your continued support.
Crypton Future Media Inc.

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm kind of amazed that there hasn't been an online venue/streaming link announced for Digital Stars yet; at least, there isn't one on the website. Nor is there anything there about ticket prices. At least, I guess it'll be a ticketed event, since the in-person one would have been. I mean, 8/30 is only 19 days away. But they're still going strong on getting CD presales going, so I guess it will all come together.

I wonder what ticketing will be like? Will it end up being more open, or will it be like some other online events where it was difficult/impossible to attend anyway, unless you lived in Japan?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Sweet! The tweet mentions something about subscribing, but I wonder if that's necessary in order to see the show? I know Twitch has paid subscriptions, but AFAIK that's just for getting little badges to post with, rather than a requirement for watching.

Thanks @hamano!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)