• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo 2018 USA & Mexico

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Aw, looks like no DC. I was hoping it'd be there, it seems really cute and fun, but ah well.

Reactions: khanadee

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
The merchandise presale has begun on Official Hatsune Miku Merchandise! Here's what's available:

This tweet came 5+ hours after they quietly put the goods up online. Eh...the only way you could've known earlier would be signing up with the site's newsletter, which alerted me less than an hour after things went up (and after I already ordered, since I was refreshing the page periodically beforehand for at least 3 hours, lol). Not particularly a fan of the reveal-on-launch method--would have much preferred some kind of post showing what would be available in advance so I know what to worry/not worry about nabbing. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hatsune-hakase

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
Do we need to buy our own Light stick in advance?
My first time going
In previous US Miku Expos, regular chemical glow sticks were given to everyone for free. This is the first time pen lights enter the merchandise list, so I assume they'll be pretty popular (especially since everyone has been asking for them for a while now). If you really want to go LED/color-changing, then it's best to pre-order now and avoid the lines/potential sellout at the venue later.

Reactions: violethaze

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
This is the first time pen lights enter the merchandise list, so I assume they'll be pretty popular (especially since everyone has been asking for them for a while now).
I've always wanted to get myself an official Miku branded penlight, but I'm not even certain if the ones they're putting out can switch colors.

If they don't, I'll just bring out the King Blades I've already got.

Edit: Nevermind, I should try actually reading the product page.

It's a bit of a bummmer if that's the only new merch that they're putting online for this tour.

Last edited:

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
I've always wanted to get myself an official Miku branded penlight, but I'm not even certain if the ones they're putting out can switch colors.

If they don't, I'll just bring out the King Blades I've already got.
On the product page, it says
Light stick features 6 different colors and wrist strap.
So I'm pretty sure they're color-changing. Also, I recall reading somewhere that any unofficial pen lights are prohibited, but I don't remember the source it was from, so take that statement with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Faiyez

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
On the product page, it says
So I'm pretty sure they're color-changing.
Yeah, I just realized that and I'm dumb since there's only one product type you can add to your cart, that should settle it.

Also, I recall reading somewhere that any unofficial pen lights are prohibited, but I don't remember the source it was from, so take that statement with a grain of salt.
Yes, I believe that is apparently the case for Japanese concerts, and I agree with the idea of standardizing the appearance of the crowd. But it certainly hasn't stopped atendees from bringing unofficial penlights because I've noticed quite a few king blades in concert footages (they're the same but have a gold finish). Not to mention the fact that I myself didn't have any issue back in 2016.

Of course I'll be getting at least one official one, if only to be "proper".

Kagamine Rin

Best Girl
Apr 8, 2018
For the 2016 Mikuexpo, they didn't sell the glowsticks physically, so yes, get it asap
I was at the first show of the tour last year and they were sold at venue. It's pretty likely that they sold out before the tour ended and thus the sticks weren't available at every show so I suppose if having a multicolor wand to wave around is important to you and your stop is a bit later on buying one of these early would be a good idea.

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
I was at the first show of the tour last year and they were sold at venue. It's pretty likely that they sold out before the tour ended and thus the sticks weren't available at every show so I suppose if having a multicolor wand to wave around is important to you and your stop is a bit later on buying one of these early would be a good idea.
I'm quite positive all pen lights were sold out by that first show (once again, remember reading this somewhere, but don't recall the source). Those were likely leftovers from the Hatsune Miku: MIKU EXPO LET'S GO!!! crowdfunding campaign. I guess I should clarify from my previous post that this is the first time pen lights officially enter the concert goods list, as opposed to being added on as "some stuff we'd like to get our hands off of". Not sure how they're going to divide up the merchandise this time around, but hopefully it will be evenly.

Speaking of merch, is anyone else dying to see the full list revealed already?

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
I'm hoping the lightsticks don't sell out too quickly this year at the venue itself. Since they don't ship to my country and I couldn't find any colleagues that live in the countries that they do ship to, I'm just going to have to buy mine at the concert itself.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ordered my light sticks, yesterday. It will my third pair.

This light stick look quite similar to the Magical Mirai 2017 light stick. Which many complained of having a loose tube. Not there is anything wrong with it. It just feels cheap, but a quick fix. The ME16 light sticks are much better quality.( I retired those after stripping all the paint off the handle and the MM17 are too special.)

Speaking of merch, is anyone else dying to see the full list revealed already?
I'm expecting the usual t-shirts, wall scrolls, tote bags. I'm dying to see what other merch that will be available. Hope there will some surprises!!!

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
I'm hoping the lightsticks don't sell out too quickly this year at the venue itself. Since they don't ship to my country and I couldn't find any colleagues that live in the countries that they do ship to, I'm just going to have to buy mine at the concert itself.
You were going to Mexico, if I'm not mistaken? I haven't placed my order yet. I was going to order just one, so if you want I can order a second one on your behalf (limit 2 per customer). Just let me know so I can place my order and we'll figure it out later. Otherwise, I'd be worried since there's no guarantee you could get any at the venue.

What places do they ship to?
Where else can you buy a light stick?
It's all listed in their FAQ which is linked at the bottom of every page. Basically it's the US, EU and a few South American and Asian countries.
I can't help you with the glow sticks, unfortunately.

They used "Miku Expo 2018" in the logotype without specifying the location. I guess they will sell the same glow sticks in Europe too.

Does anyone know the official sites to get Magical Mirai 2017 or previous Miku Expo merch leftovers from?

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Does anyone know the official sites to get Magical Mirai 2017 or previous Miku Expo merch from?
Magical Mirai 2017 goods were sold here after the event ended:
http://miku-store.com/
But the sales ended long time ago. Basically the site only sold leftovers from the event (apart from the happi, which was available on that site despite selling out quickly at Magical Mirai. There was such a high demand for it that they produced more of them).
As far as I know there's no official sites in operation now selling event-exclusive merch from past events. Second hand market is the only choice I'm afraid. Correct me if I'm wrong.

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
You were going to Mexico, if I'm not mistaken? I haven't placed my order yet. I was going to order just one, so if you want I can order a second one on your behalf (limit 2 per customer). Just let me know so I can place my order and we'll figure it out later. Otherwise, I'd be worried since there's no guarantee you could get any at the venue.
Thanks a lot, but it's ok- I don't want to be a burden. Still, thank you! I'll keep looking for friends who can ship it to me! ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)