• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo 2018 USA & Mexico

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
I think people had already "committed" to the original setlist. They bring my favorite song but replace one I haven't personally seen and was already looking forward to. To make matters worse, we are almost certainly getting a meh Spanish song, in addition to the meh English songs. At this point it's better not to know what they're playing at all. They should have announced they were rotating the setlist like in Magical Mirai.

Sorry to rant like this but I keep thinking if they're playing all these songs, why not let the show be 2 hours and some change?

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Just came back from the San Jose show. It was a blast!!!

Just saw the LA setlist. There are changes for the San Jose show.

Ghost Rule> Raspberry Monster
Double Lariat > Just be Friends
Kimagure Mercy > Hibikase

Despite the changes, the setlist is a high octane ride. It's like living MM17 allover again with many classics. With so many really upbeat/high energy songs, the slow songs doesn't really give you time to catch your breath. I never been so exhausted.

The stage design is very simple for easy assembly and disassembly and due to the tight schedule of the tour.

Downsides: The quality of the ME18 lightsticks isn't very good. It keeps turning off after every heavy tap or forceful swings. Also, the venue doesn't allow outside food or drink even water. Water is highly recommended for these concerts.

Miku Expo 2018 USA is the most exhausting by far, but it's such a great setlist!!
As much as I love Hibikase, I question replacing Kimagure with it.
It somehow feels incomplete without a high octane HachiojiP song.

Re: Lightsticks - looks like the same quirks as the MM2017 sticks.

Re: No water inside - kinda hard to have no water for a 2 hour dance workout.

Reactions: idoltrash69
Finally a Mitchie M song again, but, uhhh, why this one? There are so many better Mitchie M songs IMO. This is my least favorite.

Ghost Rule, Double Lariat AND KIMAGURE MERCY!!! got replaced??!
They better don't do this in Europe. But since I'm going to 2/3 shows then I will be safer than if I only visited one, I guess.

e.hazard

New Fan
Jul 2, 2018
Hey there, hope this is the right thread to ask this!

I also went to the San Jose show yesterday and had a great time as well! But since then, I've been on this quest to find one of the songs that was played prior to the start of the concert:
- There were only 3-4 songs playing on repeat.
- EDM-ish beat
- Japanese lyrics (there was lots of background noise so I could only make out small phrases like "kono te ni chikauyo" "tsukisusumuyo")
- Part of the chorus repeated the same words.

I tried searching for these fragmented lyrics, but had no luck so I figured I'd try my luck here.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hey there, hope this is the right thread to ask this!

I also went to the San Jose show yesterday and had a great time as well! But since then, I've been on this quest to find one of the songs that was played prior to the start of the concert:
- There were only 3-4 songs playing on repeat.
- EDM-ish beat
- Japanese lyrics (there was lots of background noise so I could only make out small phrases like "kono te ni chikauyo" "tsukisusumuyo")
- Part of the chorus repeated the same words.

I tried searching for these fragmented lyrics, but had no luck so I figured I'd try my luck here.
The songs should be in the Miku's Tape
Miku's Tape - 10th Anniversary Edition
Just look through there. I believe all songs before the show were said to be in it

e.hazard

New Fan
Jul 2, 2018
Woah! Thank you so much everyone!

It turned out to be "BREAK IT" on MIKU'S TAPE Miku Expo 2018 Edition. I was way off on the lyrics hahaha, but all is good!

Thanks again!

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Still recovering after all the excitement. Forgot about this thing. Passed out before the concert. Based on the LA set list and missing the encore. I didn’t look at it before the concert to prevent spoilers.

Now that I looked at it. I am quite impressed on how detailed this callbook is. It has all the calls and chants for each song and highlights smaller calls as well. Though it’s missing chants experience fans know, it has everything you need to know. For first timers, highly recommend picking this up if anyone is passing them out.

I appreciate the people who made this and trying to improve the concert experience for everyone. ^-^
D2C436C3-0020-4C04-AE31-7D61282EF85C.jpeg

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio

Ouch. From the looks of it, this might've happened because the Styertowne location appears to be going out of business (not entirely sure though). Regardless, I'd imagine this makes it infinitely more of a hassle to attend if you live out of state.

My friend and I can still make it to this event, but we also want to explore the city a little. The amount of time we have for that really depends on either leaving only an hour into Let's Paint or being able to stay the entire time. For those of you who attended the one in LA (or will attend the events in Dallas or Austin):

Can you do any of the activities provided at any time, or are there set times to paint the figurines, draw on the template, etc.?
How much time did you spend there/which activities did you participate in?
Was there ample space to hold everyone, or was it a bit crowded? (The Styretowne location definitely looks bigger than the Paramus Park one, so I'm a bit worried about store capacity.)

Thanks to anyone who may be able to answer these questions. :miku_chickadee:

Daveybear_HTID

New Fan
Jun 4, 2018
ERMAHGERD!!! I'm so hyped >:D
Okay, so, first time attending a Miku concert. Totally excited to finally experience this event with two friends of mine :3
I can see myself buying the wall scroll and two keychains they got in the merch store. Anything other than those are extortion for me, lol.

Now...when it comes to the setlist, I've only heard 4 songs, lmao. Then again, I expected this; I'm a picky listener and mainly listen to metal, rock, and edm producers. Anyhoot, the songs I've heard are:
05. Meltdown​
24. Suna no Wakusei (Dune)​
26. Tell Your World​
27. Melt​
Concerning the changes to the setlist:
Ghost Rule > Raspberry Monster - Never heard of them, lol.

Double Lariat > Just be Friends - This is fine for me, seeing as how I've never heard DL...UNTIL NOW, I literally stopped what I was doing and gave it a shot. Totally up my ally, but since I grew up with JbF, it has that nostalgic tie with me, I'll be resonating with that song more. Though, tbh, I would have totally enjoyed riding DL's wave.

Kimagure Mercy > Hibikase - Totally glad this happened. I'm not a fan of KM. I heard the first 10 seconds and was like, "I've heard all I needed to hear." Just not my cup o' tea that style of song is. HIbikase, on the other hand, I can vibe to. I discovered this song (granted, it was remixed with Echo, which was still EPIC!) 7 months ago when I randomly watched the 2015 Nico Nico Music Party on YouTube at around 03:00, high out of my mind, and cried to myself at how beautiful that set was (THAT ENDING THOOOOOOUUUUGGGHH) ;-; <3
I should be asleep since I have to catch a bus to Austin at 07:10, but I'm used to sleeping around 05:00, soooo...here I am posting at 00:30, ehe~
Meh, I won't die from a little less sleep. I'll catch it on the bus.

@tundras: I'll be attending this Sunday. I'll try to answer your questions if no one else does before me.
And I can see how pushing the date up a day can be a hassle. Hopefully people can afford some flexibility in this case =\

Last edited:

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net

After the San Jose show, I made an assumption that there would be two variations of the tour setlist, to pair with the two cities of each region. LA-SJ, DAL-AUS, DC-NY.

Austin should now feature the San Jose setlist.

Since Anamananananamanguchi was opening in Texas, I thought they might change a song in the encore, but that didn't seem to happen.

Of course, that still leaves the question of what the heck might be different in Mexico.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Seeing as there's clearly two setlists, I'm kinda disappointed now that because of other thinhs, I couldn't go to Dallas. I'll be at Austin but...that variant is lackluster to the other. I'll enjoy myself regardless but that really does ruin a bit of what I had been excited for even if I was expecting the two variants...

Reactions: Faiyez

After the San Jose show, I made an assumption that there would be two variations of the tour setlist, to pair with the two cities of each region. LA-SJ, DAL-AUS, DC-NY.

Austin should now feature the San Jose setlist.

Since Anamananananamanguchi was opening in Texas, I thought they might change a song in the encore, but that didn't seem to happen.

Of course, that still leaves the question of what the heck might be different in Mexico.
Wait, how did you embed PS Communities??

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Just got back from the Austin show! Was very similar to San Jose setlist so they are indeed switching between. I thought I'd be upset not seeing the songs from LA setlist. But they did work out nicely because I think the perfoemance was really good qnd high energy.

Will admit the second the songs that differ came on, I thought oh man it's this instrad of this again. But it was fun, and pro tip, if being up close and like in Miku's face while she performs doesn't mayter to you, I recommend going to the back in standing venues. People crowd flthe front like crazy but in the back, lots of space plus I had an amazing view lf the stage and Miku.

Also after being there, I kinda wish the setlist change would one, evfect Len instead of Miku (like Dappou Rock or Fire Flower or something idk) or Kagamine duets as a whole (8Hit with 1, 2 fanclub or Suki Kirai) OR effect Kaito. Also wish Miku's changed songs would've changed the always played ones like maybe effect Senvonzakura and World is Mine, two sonhs from 2016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)